Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Cheers all.

Driving them with the hastily fixed EHHA because I forgot to bring the Stacker home :)

They are seriously nice. A little more subdued in the upper mids/top than the pants and the bass goes just as deep. Very natural sounding which is almost odd. Phones to me generally don't sound natural so it's a bit of a new experience. They did a very good job on them indeed. Tight clamp but not uncomfortable. Once the pads loosen up a bit they'll be really nice to wear all day. Vocals are simply amazing in their presentation... sibilance is totally non-existent. They don't shout, boom, or do anything bad as far as I've been able to tell. They are just there. Quite an achievement.

Vocals are simply amazing in their presentation... sibilance is totally non-existent. They don't shout, boom, or do anything bad as far as I've been able to tell. They are just there. Quite an achievement.

That's great to hear, I don't have much to say but do you mind posting a few pics? you know that's always nice :)

I always push headphones a bit hard when testing them and it does bring out some extra thickness in the bass. It wasn't a huge change (not like the SR-Omega for instance which really doesn't like high SPL) but noticeable.

Edited by spritzer