Audeze LCD-2

swt61

I think the LCD-2 is a fantastic headphone. It gets my top recommendation as a circumaural headphone. But, like yourself, no other headphone can do what the K1000 can, in terms of a somewhat speakerlike presentation. And I love the option of adding a subwoofer for tactile bass.

I would love to hear the LCD-2 on my β22 some day.

I modded my K1000 a little over the weekend, but still can't really do much about the bass extension. Based on what I've heard in brief listens, I think the LCD-2 will be the perfect yin to the K1000's yang. So what I've decided to do is keep the K1000, finish the overkill Beta22, then get LCD-2. I figure by the time I get that far, it might actually be possible to get used pairs for close to what I paid for my K1000. :)

Yep, at some point I plan on getting the LCD-2 as well. I can wait until I can get it second hand though. The FOTM (even though well desrved) will move on at HF at some point, and people will be selling them (probably to buy a lesser headphone).

We need to get you to a Texas meet, where you can hear the β22-K1000/β22-LCD-2 combo. That might spur you on to complete yours quicker. :)

Edited by swt61

I have put an aftermarket cable on mine, made by TigzStudio (Norse Audio) who was with us here for a short while.

As you can see, each electron is faced with a choice at the beginning of the cable, as it has four conductors for each side. This adds some bulk and inflexibility to the cable as well. But it is more flexible and comfortable than the stock cable, IMHO. And I like the look of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4223[/ATTACH]

post-1574-12951159138508_thumb.jpg

I have put an aftermarket cable on mine, made by TigzStudio (Norse Audio) who was with us here for a short while.

As you can see, each electron is faced with a choice at the beginning of the cable, as it has four conductors for each side. This adds some bulk and inflexibility to the cable as well. But it is more flexible and comfortable than the stock cable, IMHO. And I like the look of it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4223[/ATTACH]

How about the sound of it?

Yep, at some point I plan on getting the LCD-2 as well. I can wait until I can get it second hand though. The FOTM (even though well desrved) will move on at HF at some point, and people will be selling them (probably to buy a lesser headphone).

We need to get you to a Texas meet, where you can hear the β22-K1000/β22-LCD-2 combo. That might spur you on to complete yours quicker. :)

Heh, the last thing I need right now is encouragement to spend money. :P

I'm considering to try one the next month, any of you heard it from an M^3 ?

I have, and I prefer the GS-X. The M3's not bad though, just not ideal. (Though its sound also depends on the op-amp, along with possibly other parts, so not every M3 will necessarily sound the same.)

And then what happened?

Well I'm still here obviously, which means no one has my rig....yet. :P

I have, and I prefer the GS-X. The M3's not bad though, just not ideal. (Though its sound also depends on the op-amp, along with possibly other parts, so not every M3 will necessarily sound the same.)

Would be odd if you didn't given the different price range and the Justin factor :D. Mine uses AD8610s with σ11, do you recall what were the flaws you most noticed compared to the gs-x ?

• 5 weeks later...