Audeze LCD-2

swt61

I got rid of my LCD-2 r1 for an r2 - I'm hoping to get to spend time with them tomorrow. I've got the early r2 cups from before they started to look more like LCD-3, but with the newest ear pads that everyone was saying sound better.

Are you talking about the so-called "vegan" pads? Let me know how they sound; I have a pair of r1s myself and was thinking of doing the same thing. I just picked up the 3s but I think they're the veiled version and I'm trying to work it out with the vendor, but so far I don't think they're worth the increased cost.

Are you talking about the so-called "vegan" pads? Let me know how they sound; I have a pair of r1s myself and was thinking of doing the same thing. I just picked up the 3s but I think they're the veiled version and I'm trying to work it out with the vendor, but so far I don't think they're worth the increased cost.

Hmmm, Vegan? I don't know. The pads feel like they are made from a very soft and thin black leather, and the pads are thicker or fuller than my r1 pads were with a much softer and more compressible padding. It's not the brown pads like on the LCD-3 at RMAF.

• 2 months later...

This r.2, r.1 etc talk is quite confusing since they made so many changes to the LCD-2 that it should be at least r.10 by now.

The bass-vegan LCD-1 is a good alternative to the meaty LCD-2. Recycled headset and all, If I could have the LCD-2 bass with the rest of the LCD-1 sound, and the much more comfortable and less fragile and less expensive-looking headset, I'd take it.

• 2 months later...

Bought one from justin and now I'm wondering what sub 1k amp works better with these. Right now I'm looking at Burson soloist or Schiit Mjornl, any one heard them ?

If you didn't want to build a dynalo/mid (the GS-1 was great with the LCD-2 imo), I bet you the Apex Arete would sound pretty damn awesome.

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...