Justified

jpelg

Based on an Elmore Leonard character, Raylan Givens, played handily by Timothy Olyphant. Lots of guns, gals, good ol' boys, & drawls, to name a few of the Southern cliches that are unapologetically displayed in extremely charming fashion.

Have to admit - Olyphant is charismatic as hell. Think I have a bit of a man-crush.

Anyone else catching this new series on FX?

Based on an Elmore Leonard character, Raylan Givens, played handily by Timothy Olyphant. Lots of guns, gals, good ol' boys, & drawls, to name a few of the Southern cliches that are unapologetically displayed in extremely charming fashion.

Have to admit - Olyphant is charismatic as hell. Think I have a bit of a man-crush.

Anyone else catching this new series on FX?

I'm watching Justified as well. I have to admit - I wouldn't mind being Timothy Olyphant! It's a good show but I think Sons of Anarchy is still my favorite.

Yeah, I liked Deadwood too. Olyphaunt seems to be the type of guy who looks "right" wearing a cowboy hat. Without it on, something seems off.

The actor who plays Boyd Crowder, Walton Goggins, was great in The Shield as Detective Shane Vendrell.

I hope they do more with the other Marshals, though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm liking it so far. Olyphant has a lot to do with that at this point, although character development is coming along.

The music intro is a weird mix of Cowboy/HipHop, but it really works. When I hear the theme music I immediately get wound up for the episode.

The music intro is a weird mix of Cowboy/HipHop, but it really works. When I hear the theme music I immediately get wound up for the episode.

There's a whole CD of it, which was available free for download for a while (it has since been pulled) and if you want I'll send it your way. :) I enjoy the heck out of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Watching the season finale tonight. I really like this show. And I think it got better as the season went on and the writers seemed to find their groove. The humor was a little too slapstick-y at first, but it seems to have taken a bit of a darker turn, which was the right way to go. Olyphant is very good. (I actually thought he was only mediocre in Deadwood, but I've always liked him; he was excellent in "Go.") But the rest of the characters finally have some depth now, too. And the actors seem to be jelling better.

I just wish Raylan would get rid of that plastic gun and get a real one.

I'm not a big Glock fan either but there are some good fantastic plastic pieces out there (i.e. HK). I noticed Ava was holding something like a P2000SK when they were holed up in that shack towards the end of the finale. It's ironic how she ends up with a nicer gun than Raylan.

BTW, I also like how Raylan gets angry. In the future, If i were to get angry, I'll be sure to do it Raylan-style.

I also like his ex-wife. I fell in lust with her watching Hung and was rather pleased to see her show up here and have a regular recurring role. She's sofa king sexy.

She's also in Dirty Sexy Money but that's probably not this crowd's cup of tea.