Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

I am tempted to buy this since I will probably buy another Aeronaut (one for me and one for the hubby for longer trips). Not a super great deal but it does come with the Absolute Strap. Thought I would post it in case anyone is interested.

My linkhttp://cgi.ebay.com/Tom-Bihn-Aeronaut-Travel-Bag-w-Absolute-Shoulder-Strap_W0QQitemZ220745304359QQcategoryZ16085QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286.m7QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D2%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7350536943851247207#ht_632wt_1141

Edited by shellylh

Well, I've decided to upsize my EDC bag, since I'm now carrying around a 12" Asus EP121 Slate PC.

I'm literally running into Goldilocks and the Bags syndrome here. I have man bag murses that are too small, laptop messenger bags that are too big.

Since Iron_Dreamer is visiting for the weekend, I tried out his Think Tank Urban Disguise 35 bag. And it's pretty much perfect. Not too big, not too small, it's Juuuuuust right. Except for the strap, since I like to wear my bags higher up, messenger bag style, the strap puts pressure across my chest, rather than the top of my shoulder.

Urban-Disguise-35-V20-1.jpg

So I ordered a Tom Bihn absolute strap to use instead. I really liked it when I checked it out at MOAII.

I won't be carrying a DSLR in it, but I'll arrange those padded dividers to keep my various gear in nice separate places.

• 3 weeks later...

Hubby and I used the Tom Bihn Aeronaut and Tristar for our 3 day/2 night trip this week - they were fantastic. The Tristar is probably fine for a 3 or 4 night trip but I will definitely order another Aeronaut for those time when hubby and I will both be traveling for a week. I have also decided that I like the look of the Black/Iberian look. Haven't decided if I will get the Aeronaut in Steel/Solar, Black/Iberian, Steel/Ultraviolet, or wait and see what the new colors are that they are supposed to be announcing. I don't have a long trip until late April so I still have a little bit of time to decide. Of course, I still have the Red Oxx Airboss coming... maybe I could pack for a week in that since it is slightly larger than the Tristar. And, oh yeah, I love packing cubes!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

I just want to thanks 909 for the original posting responsable for this crazy briefcase I have now.

P1000882.jpg

Amicalement

PS

Warning: this model (the Classic) is a bit heavy for your girlfriends.

congrats, such a beautiful bag.

please post a shot of the insides. :)

That's a really nice bag Genetic. Have kind of the British equivalent of that - a Swaine Adeney, but I've wished it came with more sensible storage inside.

Problem with these bags though is that once you stick a non-super-snake notebook and your daily detritus in there, they get really heavy for all-day totage. I've been gravitating to certainly less dignified but more practical backpacks in the last year.

How about a smaller notebook? That's the main reason I got the one I did. A lot of weight is in the case, which is a direct function of the screen size, so I got a 1080p 15.6" laptop for exactly that reason. It weighs about the same as a regular laptop, but has the screen real estate of a larger, "desktop replacement" laptop.

How about a smaller notebook? That's the main reason I got the one I did. A lot of weight is in the case, which is a direct function of the screen size, so I got a 1080p 15.6" laptop for exactly that reason. It weighs about the same as a regular laptop, but has the screen real estate of a larger, "desktop replacement" laptop.

Since a convertible is one of my main carry's these days, that's at the 4.3lb mark - which is slightly beyond the heaviest I'd be normally prepared to carry since, well, a long time. With a >5lb leather case (e.g. my Swaine Adeney is actually 6.6lbs with the shoulder strap), that's already ~9lbs (even though I don't carry PSU's, and these days usually no spare batteries either since most of my machines will last all day) before you put anything else in the bag. I've always carried machines like Sony's flagship subnotebooks.

Edited by Ben Gramain

Ok, with a little repacking, the medium cafe bag is actually brilliant. The ipad fits in the zippered outside pocket, and the mba 11 fits in the main pocket with the power cord. Other than not having enough room for a water bottle anywhere, it's a pretty good bag. I may be having discussions with Vicki shortly on what it'd take for me to not return this to her :)

Sometimes a guy's gotta carry a purse, I guess.

That's a really nice bag Genetic. Have kind of the British equivalent of that - a Swaine Adeney, but I've wished it came with more sensible storage inside.

Problem with these bags though is that once you stick a non-super-snake notebook and your daily detritus in there, they get really heavy for all-day totage. (...)

All law guys are deceptively vachement strong.... ;)

In fact I dont even plan to put a notebook in there. For that there's much stronger products I use. In the past I tried a lot of briefcases and they all fit a specific purpose like the obvious one in this case: a nice looking object.

Amicalement

You know Mr Ben you're making me think that this thread is unhealthy for me. These guys at Swaine Adeney are selling the perfect notebook (for me at least) carrier. Look what you have done to me... ;)

Amicalement