Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

I actually like the Brain Backpack a lot and will have a hard time not buying it. I love the RedOxx stuff but I picked RO the first time because it was the function over form solution to what I wanted (but still looked good to me). I think case, right now, the Bihn seems like both for what I'm looking for. I wish their factory store in Seattle had better hours so I could go over and find a laptop sleeve or case that might fit in the Backpack but they have really limited hours from what is posted online.

The Brain Backpack is awesome and will hold a lot. It is also really rugged. I bought one a while back but it was just too big for my small frame. I would definitely recommend this. I know there are people who love the tough RedOxx stuff and I tried to (love them) but I just think the Tom Bihn stuff is much more thought out and I keep going back. I would suggest something like SuperEgo if you want to go with a one strap bag but with a large laptop, I personally would go with a backpack.

... and saffron's mad about me ...

back to topic - Nate, I throw a 15" MBP in the outside pocket of my Sky Train all the time - just need to be mindful that external padding is nil.  Very comfy as a carry or as back pack.  As to missing pockets, I usually have the Gator along with me, and that sucke up all the bits and pieces that accumulate along the way.

• 5 months later...

Time to pick up yet another bag for the train commute.  Mostly iPad and some little stuff.  The Coach leather bag lasted 6 months before needing to go in for service for shoddy work and the Tumi bag has pretty much fallen apart but I haven't bothered getting it serviced.

Anyone have recommendations for a nice leather bag that have impressed the Briefcase/bags and the murse devotees?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice additions Al.  I was looking to buy my first Tom Bihn thing, a strap, but the shipping is so stupid I couldn't bring myself to by a 30 dollar strap and pay a third of the purchase price again for ground shipping.

I am contemplating one of their bags but I think I would miss additional pockets,etc. that Saddleback seems very limited on. There is some compartmentation in the main area but no place else to shove little things I need quick access to like I have in most of my bags.