Briefcases, Bags, and the Murse

The Monkey

It does, in fact, look boss. Jim, how much stuff can you fit in it? And is it good in an overhead compartment?

I had no problem using the air boss and gator for our trip to Utah earlier in the year which was an eight day trip. Plenty of room for me. Did not have to check the air boss and never had a problem fitting it in any overhead. Only four total trips so far but had a couple of small regional jets in there with no problem.

I looked at the MLC today. It's nice. For the price, its the best choice no doubt. I wish the Air Boss had backpack straps as an option. I'm going to order the Bihn today most likely that Monkey suggested above. Once I get it, I'll compare it to the MLC and go from there. The larger Oxx with the straps is a bit too big, and the Bihn Tri Star looks to be a nice compromise. Also, from the pics at least there is a bit more attention to detail than te Oxx and it has a more refined look IMHO.

Yup, that is the one I was referring to as the bigger Oxx. It has a few hundred more sq in of space compared to the Bihn so it's a bit larger that I was wanting. I aldo prefer the Bihn look (despite Mrs. Monkey not liking the Bihn look above in this thread, maybe it was a murse that Dinny bought?) I definitely want three full size zipper spots and backpack option.

So I killed my small carry-on bag this weekend, and now must get another. In my usual obsessive style, I spent much of the night looking at options, and I think I'm going to go the same way as Marc and get the Tristar. My previous bag was smaller, and I did just fine with it and a purse for most of my travels. I don't seem to need the space of the Skytrain or Aeronaut, which were the two I thought I'd like best. I guess I'll find out. I learned a long time ago that whatever size purse/bag I get, i'll fill it, so smaller is usually better. I'm going to buy it and maybe the Co-pilot for when I need a little extra.

I find the Aeronaut is a little bit bigger than I really need and if I fill it it is heavier than I'd like to carry.

Yup. That's what I was thinking. I have bigger bags if needed, but 90% of my traveling now is weekends only. I know me. If I have a larger bag, I'll just fill it with stuff i don't need just because I can.

in my pursuit of finding the perfect briefcase that will last a lifetime, i've found another wonderful boutique that i thought would be of interest to others. the only issue, they are pricey.

here's one of their classic briefcase.

distressed_classic_brown_3bdw.jpg

the website

Mitchell Leather - Home

a review,

Mitchell Leather Custom Briefcase Review (In Depth Picture/Link Heavy) - Badger & Blade

and some more reviews...

Articles & Reviews

That's the kind of bag that will get you rolled near my neighborhood.

Yeah, I never take that out with me if I'm in Southie/Dorchester :/ Which is actually quite a bit cause of gf's internships. One of my friends saw it and thought it didn't fit me and proceeded to take it away without intent of returning. Next time I'm buying a samsonite attache briefcase

Roll on, Mikey.

I just got my Tom Bihn Tri-star today, and I'm really happy with it. The quality is excellent, it's a really well-thought out bag, and the size is perfect for me. Lousy iphone pics of beautiful bag and dirty tile floor:

f3347761.jpg

The Tri-star with packing cubes. The open (red) pocket on the front of Tri-star is for a water bottle.

9d8f3459.jpg

Closed bag

6e63e5c9.jpg

Mostly open bag. I love the Iberian red color.

604fca70.jpg

Open rear compartment with my glasses case for idea of size.

85d5c9eb.jpg

Close up of the Iberian red Dyneema.

The Absolute Shoulder Strap is seriously comfy, and the best shoulder strap I've ever felt on. You have to buy it separately for $30, but the instant I tried it out, I knew it was worth it. Strongly recommend picking one up if you have the need for a good one.

That's it. Now just waiting for an opportunity to use it. Hoping my boss gets it together and approves my vacation request for MOA.

Edited by boomana
one pic was upside down and it bugged me