i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

added the tkd pot. adding the alps pot might be a bit tricky.

Since they are on extenders like the T2, you can put it into any chassis you want.

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgsshvamp.jpg

first cut at power supply schematic

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgsshvpower.pdf

and bom (missing among other things the xlr jacks) but close

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgsshvbom.xlsx

The power supply costs more than the amplifier.

(which is usually the case for high end stuff)

You can certainly go cheaper and unregulated i you want...

Board pair estimate about $50 (1 each stereo balanced amp board, and 1 power supply board)

This will likely go down the same way as the T2, except i'm not doing chassis this time.

(well except for me) So in a month or two after i have all 3 pots, and have measured 5 times or

more to make sure everything will fit, then i will do a board run. Say 20 pieces of each.

The boards are much cheaper than the T2 so its no big deal if it takes me a couple of months

to get rid of them all...

That is going to be a bit of a problem with the neutrik jacks... They are designed for 6.35 mm. Might fit anyway but they are going to

bend a bit.

6mm for the back plate, that's about the max most RCA's will fit. I'd probably wire most of the stuff off the board which leads to the next PM...

's'truth -- even as an innocent bystander over here, I didn't think twice about it, despite actually looking for what he considered boring.

SEE it goes like this.... The higher the power supply voltages (everything else staying the same) the faster the slew rates. The word OVERKILL does not seem to

be in my vocabulary.

It would take me a while to find it, but i think ti kan said the B22 did something like 75 volts per microsecond. I'm not sure i believe that, but

then an electrostatic amp should be able to do 10 times that. Or 750 volts per microsecond. A non-trivial task for sure.

Last nutty idea for this year...

Anyone interested in a dynamic version of the T2 with 6as7's as output tubes??

Sort of a re-do of my original MIG amp, except completely circuit board based, with + and - 75 volt power supplies...

Balanced ONLY.

Although one of these days i'm going to do a DC coupled circlotron...

Balanced ONLY.

How about those small and cheap Hammond input transformers? Not ideal but it gives the option of a SE input...

Could you countsink the front and back plate as needed?

I could but it requires milling and all I have is a drill press. I did find a place locally which could help me with that and the KGSSHV would be a good choice as any for them to make a chassis for me. There is also the option to just mount the connectors to the chassis as we usually do. Since I use SE inputs exclusively that is almost given with any amps I build.

Birgir, if (as if "if" is the right word to use) I like the SRD7 and Lambda PRO you are to be blamed! :)

You wouldn't be the first. :D n3rdling IIRC bought his first Stax setup from me and now I'm racing to finish my old BH for him...

depending on the thickness of the transformer which will mount to the back panel

i'm pretty sure that if you do it as one box, it sends up 14 across by 11 deep with

1 inch between the 2 boards.

I might have to make it a bit longer to accomidate the transformer.

Looks like both boards will fit in the Hifi2000 Pesante Dissipante 300 mm depth case (14.75x12") if there is room for the transformer on the back panel.

SEE it goes like this.... The higher the power supply voltages (everything else staying the same) the faster the slew rates. The word OVERKILL does not seem to

be in my vocabulary.

It would take me a while to find it, but i think ti kan said the B22 did something like 75 volts per microsecond. I'm not sure i believe that, but

then an electrostatic amp should be able to do 10 times that. Or 750 volts per microsecond. A non-trivial task for sure.

According to the plot here: (on the Specifications pageThe β22 Stereo Amplifier (on the "specifications page) the slew rate on the beta22 is more than 200 v/microsecond (at least in the first results for the 100kHz square wave). So you're aiming for 2000 v/microsec :)

Edited by Dreadhead

Looks like both boards will fit in the Hifi2000 Pesante Dissipante 300 mm depth case (14.75x12") if there is room for the transformer on the back panel.

If you do it with this case, there is plenty of room for everything and you can lay the transformer down. Its 3.5 inches in diameter and about 2 inches high, so on the power

supply board that is 8.65 inches long there is plenty of room for the transformer.

• 1 month later...
added the tkd pot. adding the alps pot might be a bit tricky.

Since they are on extenders like the T2, you can put it into any chassis you want.

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgsshvamp.jpg

first cut at power supply schematic

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgsshvpower.pdf

and bom (missing among other things the xlr jacks) but close

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgsshvbom.xlsx

The power supply costs more than the amplifier.

(which is usually the case for high end stuff)

You can certainly go cheaper and unregulated i you want...

Board pair estimate about $50 (1 each stereo balanced amp board, and 1 power supply board)

Pin configuration of following Japanese small transistors are ECB not BCE.???

2SC1815/C2240/C2705/A970  Shape of silk screens are opposite.