i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Building one t2 case would send me crazy... let alone doing 20 of the damn things.

CNC replication aside, it is still nuts.

That part is not so bad. When they give me 4 hours of machine time, i know what to do...

I have each and every tool memorized as to position in the tool bin.

The really bad part is dealing with the polisher and finisher.

The polisher ended up with a huge job, and pushed my stuff off a week or two.

So on the current batch i will be lucky to have the chassis finished by the end

of next week. probably one more week.

I'm sure justin has to deal with this in a massive way.

The amp board (of which you need two) is going to be 8.25 x 6.25

The power supply board is going to be 9.3 x 7.7

Jaycar sells this.

CAT. NO. YG2782 cartItem_09.gif RRP $19.95 cartItem_11.gifcartItem_12.gifcartItem_13.gifcartItem_14.gifcartItem_15.gifcartItem_16.gif product_8438.jpg CLICK TO ENLARGE

cartItem_20.gif

Spider Coupler Set

Connects to a motor to a shaft that may be slightly misaligned or under length. You may also need a torsional shock absorbing coupling which this does as well.

- Each hub will accept a 6.35mm (1/4") shaft with set screws anchor.

- The hubs are coupled by a synthetic rubber spider.

- 20mm OD x 30mm long QTY 1+ $19.95 5+ $17.70 10+ $15.70 Enter Quantity spacer.gifspacer.gifcartItem_26.gifcartItem_27.gifcartItem_28.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Last nutty idea for this year...

Anyone interested in a dynamic version of the T2 with 6as7's as output tubes??

Sort of a re-do of my original MIG amp, except completely circuit board based, with + and - 75 volt power supplies...

Balanced ONLY.

yes indeed I would be!!. I have been watching the T2 project from the sidelines as a very interested bystander, living vicariously through Natonrice. It is excellent project BTW and the case is a work of art (love that stuff, CNC Al gives me wood) but I dont have quite enough desire to buy a set of O2's or other Stax to use with it; and I cant run my JH13 with it ;) hehe; so a dynamic equivalent would be excellent!! pity you wouldnt be doing the casing though. maybe if we badger you enough??

haha 'last nutty idea for the year'.... as if

The original with chassis mounted heatsinks running at full power. Working with side mounted sinks takes a lot of work and skill which most of the people building this amp simply don't have. So now there is a less powerful version with board mounted sinks which anybody can build. This will be the standard DIY version with the PSU also using board mounted sinks.

The original with chassis mounted heatsinks running at full power. Working with side mounted sinks takes a lot of work and skill which most of the people building this amp simply don't have. So now there is a less powerful version with board mounted sinks which anybody can build. This will be the standard DIY version with the PSU also using board mounted sinks.

I have been thinking about getting one of these to deal with such issues, as the small ones would fit on my desk nicely:

2010-07-29_Drill_press_396.jpg

actually i have changed to a diferent current source, but its an easy fix.

I actually have 3 versions, not really sure which of the 3 will end up in production.

I just got the fixed bom in an email, will post soon. Cleaning the saeco automatic

expresso machine, and that is obviously more important... :D

Since i'm addicted to coffee...

actually i have changed to a diferent current source, but its an easy fix.

I actually have 3 versions, not really sure which of the 3 will end up in production.

I assume you mean you're avoiding the LSK389 which seems to be real hard to get ahold of. Are you going with K170s? If so, which ones?

Also, please specify BL or GR etc. for 2SC parts where it's critical.