i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Sure they have the die. They also have the 5 inch version.

Justin owns both. I will make it so that the board fits

vertically on the heatsinks. I think i have to shave off

an additional .25 which should be easy.

Would make a very nice box with the 2 amplifier channels,

one on each heatsink, the power supply board in the middle

on the bottom...

But i'm not doing any more chassis, someone else would have

to do them. And that would include the minimum batch of

about 400 lbs worth.

Board reduced to 7.2 x 4.8 inches.

Should fit perfect in a single bellatone chassis. :D

Edited by kevin gilmore

As the board comes closer to completion, I'd be more than willing to front the cash for, and store/ship, another heatsink run, iff enough people were interested in the purchase (and if Justin would be so kind as to allow us access to the die). Those angled fins are just so damned sexy!

As the board comes closer to completion, I'd be more than willing to front the cash for, and store/ship, another heatsink run, iff enough people were interested in the purchase (and if Justin would be so kind as to allow us access to the die). Those angled fins are just so damned sexy!

I might be interested if they are pre-tapped and depending on cost. Though the onboard heatsink version will be a lot easier and cheaper to build.

Can't have a KG creation in a bellatone chassis without Stax jacks made from sabretooth tiger tusks.

Get me some sabretooth tiger tusks. I would be more than happy to make

some stax jacks out of those. Or ancient wooly mammoth ivory.

Really any kind of ivory that is at least 200 years old.

You know i'm not kidding.

Too bad i gave away all of my macor.

I'm interested.

Macor would make the coolest stax jacks ever - too bad you dont have any

seems the heatsinks will be out of the question, unless ~25 of us went in on it, and everyone was comfortable doing all the machining themselves. I am not equipped, nor do I have the time, to do tapping for everyone, let alone dealing with the rest of the chassis work. Kevin is a GOD for doing all of that work for everyone's T2's.

edit: note that this would not be TOO difficult for everyone to do, since the new larger extrusion die is exactly 3U tall. angle brackets would probably be unnecessary, since you could (if i am imagining this correctly) tap directly into the heatsinks, to which the boards would be mounted in parallel, much like a Beta24

edit: corrected number of people needed for group buy to 25

Edited by El_Doug

Just when I'm almost done... *crying in the corner* Would the voltage swing be pumped up in this version?

I'm interested in the 5" heatsinks. Willing to take at least 6 of them, depending on length, if the group buy could go through. Better just buy pre-made ones than do that work on my own.

Edited by Lil Knight

Just when I'm almost done... *crying in the corner* Would the voltage swing be pumped up in this version?

I'm interested in the 5" heatsinks. Willing to take at least 6 of them, depending on length, if the group buy could go through. Better just buy pre-made ones than do that work on my own.

3U heatsinks are rather easy to find... the problem is those SWEET looking angled ones that Justin designed just piss all over 90 degree standard ones :(

Angled heatsinks surely look sexy, would love to have them but I'm fine with vertical ones with lots of fins, which, I think, have better heat dissipation.

Are you looking for the sinks for the KGSS or T2?

KGSS in the case of the group buy, since it would allow everyone to use a single-box, B24-style setup.

I'd love the T2 style ones as well, and if we don't get 30 people willing to tap the 5-inchers themselves (a very likely scenario), I may have to extort beg Justin to sell me a set of his 3-inchers

...of course, I still havent asked the big man for permission to even use his dies. i just figured i'd get an interest check before even e-mailing him

Edited by El_Doug

Well, you can just use the onboard heatsinks version, cramp the boards into the side heatsinks chassis, just like what Bellatone or Rudistor did, and still looks cool :cool:

I personally think the onboard version is much less hassle to deal with, as long as your chassis has a lot of venting holes.

I took care of the high voltage fets instead of the 2sa1968's this way

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/kgsshvampv7.jpg

The ixtp parts are not isolated, you would need the ceramic insulator.

From justin's measurements, the inside finger to inside finger is 4.740

and the board is now 4.570. The transistors are inset by an additional .20

so everything would fit perfect.

(the ceramic insulator might be a tight fit?? will check)

Its very hard to tell from their lousy dxf drawings

but i think it would fit this case too

http://www.modushop.biz/ecommerce/cat079_l2.php?n=1

edit: found a way to get both current sources on the board.

edit: board reduced in size, that is about it.

Edited by kevin gilmore