i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Are you looking at the layout, which is correct, or the schematic. I don't know how to read this stuff myself, going by someone else's opinion. It's possible we are wrong.

To my eyes, the schematic matches both the on-board and off-board layouts. I am certainly not as familiar with the circuit as some here so I might be missing something but I don't see anything wrong with the IXYS ccs.

I want to see picture of your 2SC2705... and A970, C2240.

Why?

So we also put a 2K in the other amp board, the one where we had replaced all of the active parts and we got the same result as before, pegged at -940. The O +/- WRTG were around -477 and + 480 and the D1 LED was lit.

Did you fire up Horio? We probably have done something stupid so don't use me as an example.

OK.

I´ve the onboard type and started with the ”1968 current source” and after a week I changed to ixys.

Both variants have worked without any problems for me.

But since you have the offboards I guess I won’t be much of help for you.

Probably a dumb question since audio memory is fleeting, but did you notice any difference in sound between the IXYS and a1968?

Did you fire up Horio? We probably have done something stupid so don't use me as an example.

I'm kind of nervous about firing mine up, until we get a better idea of what is going on with your build. I've been working on some of my wiring in the mean time.

I want to see picture of your 2SC2705... and A970, C2240.

I'm guessing he wants to make sure they are real?

Probably a dumb question since audio memory is fleeting, but did you notice any difference in sound between the IXYS and a1968?

No, I can´t say I noticed any difference between them two. I also changed the high voltage from +/- 450 to 500 volts so it isn´t really possible to compare them.