i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

The 250V DC does seem to be a printing error. On the other hand, it would be very impressive, if they could handle 250V DC and 3A. Even if the peak voltage of the 250V AC is of course higher, switching 250V DC is much tougher, due to arcing. See e.g. http://www.jenningst.../acdcswtc.shtml

If you look at the data sheet of a relay, e.g. this one http://www.conrad.de...214211&ref=list under "Documents and Downloads" you will find a huge difference between the DC and AC performance.

That was indeed my point. Btw. Here are the switches in question:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/508476101/LA19_AJS_LED_illuminated_switch_push.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/485100004/IP65_Waterproof_Black_metal_Push_button.html

Damn. you're talking about the momentary kind, right? Do they breakdown spectacularly?

No the switch just starts developing more and more bounce and eventually starts jamming up all the time (the internal part of the switch, the button you actually push isn't sticking).

I was thinking in ordering the panel works from modushop, is the FPE better ?

I received my order from Modushop last week.

3 sets of 3U 400mm heatsink’s drilled exactly the same as Greg’s. Workmanship, communication and shipping were excellent. The price was every reasonable for the drilling also.

post-988-0-79477500-1322975764_thumb.jpg

post-988-0-07763200-1322975787_thumb.jpg

Khozmo decided to send me a 10Kohm attenuator instead of a 50Kohm unit for some reason. Is there any penalty with using the 10K attenuator with this amp?

no. the only problem is if you're using a source where a 10K input impedance is too low. probably only a small number of tube phono pre-amps and CDPs with tube output stages would qualify.

justin just pointed out to me that at least according to the mouser website, the 2sc4686a part

has been end of lifed by toshiba. This is not what i was told by toshiba, but who the fuck knows.

People should put in lifetime buys now just in case. I just did. biggrin.png

Ditto. smile.png

You guys are too fast, 20 minutes after KG's post and Mouser is sold out smile.png

Well got mine up and running tonight! I would have had it working last week but I had some khozmo related misfortune. I take back any good thing I said about them - check out this picture of my attenuator and tell me what's wrong...

20111202_162311.jpg

Long story short when I was tracking down why I was only getting sound out of one channel I must have knocked something loose and I managed to fry both boards. I replaced all the semis in both channels other than the CCS which were still working correctly. Now it's back up and adjusted - got balance under a half volt on both channels but the left channel I couldn't get under 2V offset, which I figured wasn't a big deal. Here are some quick pics:

20111130_205330.jpg

20111130_205455.jpg

20111130_205431.jpg

20111130_205440.jpg

I'm listening to it now on O2 mk1s and all I have to say is wow! Definitely a big step up from the SRD7

Edited by cobra_kai

What you don't like silver? grin.gif It matches my Beta 22/Alpha 10 stack.

I have to do a bit more wire management and the leds backlighting the volume knob aren't quite the right shade of blue so I need to try some others. Oh and if khozmo ever gets me 2 caddocks to put in the missing spot I will put those in (right now I put in some vishay dale RN series). Next up: the T2 cool.png