i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

I see the jumper bypasses the pieces that can be omitted. I am wondering if there are any problems if said pieces are installed, some or all. (I already installed D12 and D13 huh.png although no big deal I can remove them.Just curious though.

Just cut them out flash on both sides of the board.

Thank you Dr. Gilmore. On a separate note could you advise whether it is ok to mount the onboard version on the side of the casing to fit everything into one box, assuming that the box is tall enough to accept the boards, as I understand that off board version is more challenging to build due to the mounting of the side mount heatsinks?

I think he means using the on board heatsinks but simply mounting the board itself vertically on the side rather than horizontally on the bottom of the case. In which case that should be fine, but your case is going to have to be something like 7+ inches tall. The heatsinks won't work as effectively either as they are designed to be vertical. Also the heat from the bottom row of sinks will rise to the top row and heat them up.

Edited by cobra_kai

• 2 weeks later...

Another KGSSHV off-board up and running thanks to Greg (Horio).

I'm really impressed by the sound so far. The 009s sound sooo crisp.

The sound reminds me a bit of a baby version of Voltron's T2.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to bring it up to Kerry's sometime in the future for a comparison with the KGBH.

Edit: Thanks again to everyone who put the time in to making the KGSSHV happen.

Edited by TMoney