i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

One does not simply walk into head-case.

Sorry for being a noob, but we all have to start somewhere.

I have a guy in a tube amplifier repair shop that will do the job, just need to get all the parts.

Could you help me with the last part of the BOM

Attenuator $25.00 Amplifier X2 $79.74 Power Supply $157.05 Hardware $792.98

Whats in the Hardware section?

Whats in the Amplifier X2 section?

Where to get the Power Supply?

Sorry for being a noob, but we all have to start somewhere.

I have a guy in a tube amplifier repair shop that will do the job, just need to get all the parts.

Could you help me with the last part of the BOM

Attenuator $25.00 Amplifier X2 $79.74 Power Supply $157.05 Hardware $792.98

Whats in the Hardware section?

Whats in the Amplifier X2 section?

Where to get the Power Supply?

I'd start by reading through this entire thread, as the answers to all of your questions can be easily found. Spend the time to do proper research and planning before jumping into a build like this. I've always found a few extra weeks of planning can save months in headaches...

Due to the high voltages and expense (I spent in excess of $1500 on my build), this is a build that needs to be done carefully.

Yes thank you for the tips, taking it carefully, learning a lot. The mouser website is real helpfull, just upload the xlxs BOM and Mouser calculated everything, very nice.

So anyways, it seems to be giving calculations for a stereo pair, are we building single channel or dual channel, cause the cost was like double on Mouser huh.png

p.s, yeh sorry for asking noob questions, was like what !!!, saw the headings titled for each section blink.png

Yes thank you for the tips, taking it carefully, learning a lot. The mouser website is real helpfull, just upload the xlxs BOM and Mouser calculated everything, very nice.

So anyways, it seems to be giving calculations for a stereo pair, are we building single channel or dual channel, cause the cost was like double on Mouser huh.png

p.s, yeh sorry for asking noob questions, was like what !!!, saw the headings titled for each section blink.png

I would strongly suggest building some non-high voltage amps first and doing some reading about the circuitry (and obviously high voltage safety). KG has good articles on Headwize for the original KGSS.

get-it.gif

HD man, upon talking to you, I think You're not realizing what you're getting yourself into. I understand you'd like to pay 'a professional' to build the amp for 44$/hr *cough*. You do realize all this guy's going to do is fill the boards for you? That's two full days of labor (9-10 hrs per day I'm guessing, even if he has all the parts in front of him). And then you have wiring, sure. This is a little faster, but not by much. You also don't know weather to buy simply things like 600V or 1000V wire, gauge or PVC or Teflon. Or cotton/wax coat everything. You know nothing about the specifics let alone the general picture, and it's scary. And frankly I'm sick of reading your posts on it. If you want to get this done, you need to do some real research. You need to learn how to study before you ask questions. Right now you are beyond help. So get with the program.

Just to fill the board is likely going to cost you around 20 hours in 44$ labor/hr labor if it's 'the guys' first build. You might have a day or two of wiring times too. Oh, and by the way, we forgot to mention, mouser does not import all the parts you'll need to find part substitues. Realistically, if you want to get your amp right the first time, even seasoned Veteran's spend at least one full day in parts searching. I spent three days of free time on/off double checking everything. All-all it came to about 15 hours or so. Just because it sure sucks to be wrong! And not many people (want to) afford the disgrace of frying the whole board. You need to read the thread as you order your parts.

Congratulations, you might just get up to your wiring done.

If this is your first build, you're likely to have a hard time. - - Read the forums and find every scrap of information you can for a full month. Take notes of diamonds in the rough.

Pull your head out of your @$$ and do some real research (by yourself) if you want to do this. I'm sick of reading your posts. This is NOT Head-fi, godbless. Herp-derp is not tolerated. (Refer to figure 1.1a) Please leave the nature of Head-fi on Head-fi. When you want to get serious post here.

This is just a warning to help you, continuing down where you're going; you're likely to insert something backwards, ~~KA-BOOM!~~ order and insert wrong or garbo parts that break down early, use weak wiring (obviously) you're planning to use a shit attentuator, which potentially even ruins the point of the build, have no idea of how the 'casework' and selection process on the front therein works, you likely may isolate something badly and fry half the gear on your board. (Which literally creates 3-4 times the work of the original KGSSHV, and then you have to troubleshoot, which I'm guessing you cannot do. But I guess you could 'pay that guy' to do that. facepalm.png Lol, the charges become expensive. And because of your inhability to research, most of us do not want to read about your problems.

Again, my motivation: Those of us here are tired of reading stupid posts. I'd prefer not wade through your posts for awhile, as the bullshit is already up to here. Please refer to HeadCase's welcome message.

Edited by Hennyo

Again, my motivation: Those of us here are tired of reading stupid posts. I'd prefer not wade through your posts for awhile, as the bullshit is already up to here. Please refer to HeadCase's welcome message.

Sounds like your trying to scare me out of doing things myself, because you want me to buy the KGSSHV from you at a premium, LOL. Good try Hennyo, you lost this customer, you sent me a message asking $3800, but you get zero from me. Your obviously hard up for cash, as you wrote me 10 different messages ranting a whole lot of gibberish. Would you like me to post it here for everyone to see, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I have practicaly rebuilt my car from the ground up without previous knowledge, but with patience and research, and asking lots of questions.

I don't give up easy, if you can do it I can to.

Sounds like your trying to scare me out of doing things myself, because you want me to buy the KGSSHV from you at a premium, LOL. Good try Hennyo, you lost this customer, you sent me a message asking $3800, but you get zero from me. Your obviously hard up for cash, as you wrote me 10 different messages ranting a whole lot of gibberish. Would you like me to post it here for everyone to see, you should be ashamed of yourself.

I have practicaly rebuilt my car from the ground up without previous knowledge, but with patience and research, and asking lots of questions.

I don't give up easy, if you can do it I can to.

Y'know - you're a real piece of work. And when one of the moderators kicks your sad ass off this list, I for one will not shed one single tear.

Y'know - you're a real piece of work. And when one of the moderators kicks your sad ass off this list, I for one will not shed one single tear.

Geeks trying to be tough, it would have to be the funniest thing I have ever seen. Easy to use harsh words when your talking to a computer screen. asshat.gif