i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

John, what size volume knob is yours cut for. If its something like mine you are looking for I should be able to help. I have got a spare lying around somewhere.

Anyone got 2 spare DRV134 boards? I am thinking of incorporating this into the build so that when the RCA comes in it will be is turned to fully balanced just before it "hits" the balanced boards. I am aware of the DC offset problems but still willing to give this a shot.

Might be postinging this in the wrong place and will remove if necessary.

Edited by Victor Chew

That unobtanium knob looks exceptional...

May have to give you a loan of one of mine until the titanium one shows up.....

Drop off your stat phone collection as well...

John, what size volume knob is yours cut for. If its something like mine you are looking for I should be able to help. I have got a spare lying around somewhere.

Victor the cavity hole is 47mm, I’m getting a 45mm blued metal custom knob made by vilts over on HF - problem is he takes a long time to fulfil orders, like 4 months of which I’m halfway through, I’m ok waiting, but thanks for your generous offer mate.

Would you like 4 rubber feet that Justin puts on his BHSE's?

I have some......

You can only use my pro phones - unless you want to put a normal socket on the back panel.

The bias should be no problem to do.

Edited by wink

Cam-Expert did the all the panel work (front, top, base and rear), I’m really happy with the outcome they did a great job, much cheaper than FPE btw.

The match is excellent for colour, although the grain or brush I asked for could been a tad heavier for perfection.

If anyones interested I have FPE files of the below;

SPbGL.jpg

What I’m after now is some decent 3.5mm self tappers for the top panel, does anyone know a decent source? I’ve been on the hunt for a while now...

Drop off your stat phone collection as well...

Victor the cavity hole is 47mm, I’m getting a 45mm blued metal custom knob made by vilts over on HF - problem is he takes a long time to fulfil orders, like 4 months of which I’m halfway through, I’m ok waiting, but thanks for your generous offer mate.

Looked at vilt's website, he produces some exceptional stuff!

Awsome! Real hand made stuff. Vanishing trade. Everything is made by machine these days.

In the good old days when things were made with the hands it has, to me, a soul. Which is why stuff made, the DIY people, is so different from the commercially made items. It has our heart and soul :).

Edited by Victor Chew

Those that were following my BOM need to make sure to use an isolation pad on the +/-15V regulators. Or substitute the units with 511-L7815CP and 511-L7915CP avoid ST Micro parts. On the negative rail, the tab is connected to the input pin, so the input could potentially short to the ground if isolation pads are not used... Really sorry about this.

Edited by ujamerstand

Those heatsinks aren't really needed but certainly won't hurt. Normal thermasil pads will be fine at these voltages though.

If anybody needs PCB's for the teflon Stax sockets I have some extras. The fab house made way too many but the cost was pretty reasonable, 2-3$ each.