i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

I was actually working on a PCB for my last alpha pot. The one prototype I had made has the pin spacing all messed up and I haven't gotten around to fixing it. Birgir, do you have a mechanical drawing of the pot?

Going by previous pictures - maybe this one?: http://alphapotentiometers.net/html/21mm_pot_4.html

Dont know the shaft style, taper or R-values he is using.

Going by previous pictures - maybe this one?: http://alphapotentio...21mm_pot_4.html

Dont know the shaft style, taper or R-values he is using.

That's the one. Feeling slightly stupid for not finding it last time... Anyways, if I can get a board design that works (perhaps one approved by our viking overlord), I'm not opposed to buying a bunch of them for everyone.

For next board production, there is a slight change in the power supply board.

Now works with es1/es2 rebuilds, which are much higher current and +/-400v.

Same thing with the universal power board.

What would be the difference in terms of sound performance? Any changes need to be made at the amp side?

So John, any progress with "juicing" the HV?

Like you, I've got a ton of thermal headroom on my HV's heatsinks, but I'm worrying about how far I can/should push my PSU and transformer given the problems Live and Blu recently had.

I've also got a SumR 100VA powering the 500V PSU and I'm wondering whether or not they can take the extra stress. I was hoping to see if I could get up to about 10mA, but now I'm wondering if its worth the risk.

Edited by TMoney

Like you, I've got a ton of thermal headroom on my HV's heatsinks, but I'm worrying about how far I can/should push my PSU and transformer given the problems Live and Blu recently had.

I've also got a SumR 100VA powering the 500V PSU and I'm wondering whether or not they can take the extra stress. I was hoping to see if I could get up to about 10mA, but now I'm wondering if its worth the risk.

My SumR trafo may have previously taken a lot of abuse, having shorted the psu twice.

Also I was experiencing massive inrush upon startup. That cant be good in the long run.

My gut feeling says to be careful with your 100VA SumR. But hey, sometimes you just want to roll the dice!

You could always fix it if it blows.facepalm.png

I’ve had the top plate of contemplating... to be frank I’m kinda worried about pulling the whole thing apart and risk fucking up a good functioning amp.

I was planning around 10mA as well, my PSU is ~450V with a SumR 500VA transformer, amps are running A1968’s.

One thing would make the job a lot easier is paralleling over 180 ohm resistors, would this be a problem Kevin or Spritzer?