i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

in the third stage, if you are using the 2sa1968's, to increase the current

decrease R8 and R9. Probably the lowest you can go and still get it

to balance is 400 ohms.

if you are using the ixys parts decrease the values of R12,R19

for the output stage, to increase current decrease the values of R6 and R5

probably not lower than 125 ohms.

Are there any stax jack PCBs still available? I've read through this entire thread so I may start buying parts for an onboard version soon. Also how many extra parts did people generally buy (excluding things like lifetime supplies of 2SC4686A's)? I feel like I should get almost enough extras to be able to build a second kgsshv.

Justin, I would be interested in a few. Also, how about some 2SA1486?

S_R, might as well buy enough just in case the first attempt blows up! Seriously, I would buy plenty of parts, especially the ones that could become scarce in the future.

i just said 2SA1486. and on the 2SA1486 id probably set a min. 50pcs/person ($25), which currently gets you 6pcs at B&D

Edited by justin

i just said 2SA1486. and on the 2SA1486 id probably set a min. 50pcs/person ($25), which currently gets you 6pcs at B&D

I'd be interested in 50pcs. Also, although not KGSSHV parts.. how about matched pairs/quads of 2sj74 and 2sk170? AMB has stopped selling them.

@s_r Spares are always good. buy as much as you are comfortable with.

I'd be interested in 50pcs. Also, although not KGSSHV parts.. how about matched pairs/quads of 2sj74 and 2sk170? AMB has stopped selling them.

@s_r Spares are always good. buy as much as you are comfortable with.

i wish i could sell them, but i just cant. every pair or quad i sold is one fewer Gilmore amp I can build, until a replacement is issued, if ever.

i wish i could sell them, but i just cant. every pair or quad i sold is one fewer Gilmore amp I can build, until a replacement is issued, if ever.

ay understandable. I'm still interested in those 2sa1486 though.

EDIT: just bought 50 of matched 2sk170BL+2sj74BL for $3.68 per pair from bdent... might be a price error? because they are selling 50 pieces of 2sk170BL for 0.99/each and 2sj74BL for $7.89/each no discount whatsoever. With 50 of each, I'v got to be able to have some matched quads. And I apparently bought out their 2SC3421.... I need 16, was going to buy 25 but they only have 14....

Edited by jwzhan

EDIT: just bought 50 of matched 2sk170BL+2sj74BL for $3.68 per pair from bdent... might be a price error? because they are selling 50 pieces of 2sk170BL for 0.99/each and 2sj74BL for $7.89/each no discount whatsoever. With 50 of each, I'v got to be able to have some matched quads. And I apparently bought out their 2SC3421.... I need 16, was going to buy 25 but they only have 14....

Good luck matching, you could get lucky, I've had batches of 200pcs with very poor yield.