i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

They are backwards or they are fed to much voltage.

My first thoughts as well. He's got both the 15v supplies so I suspect overvoltage.

I do think that the 25v rating of the 4700uF is cutting it a bit close. I bought mostly what's on the BOM on trust. But I am very tempted to find a similar 35v part. There is no room for mains fluctuations either. If the mains is high we might get over 25v.

What value of raw low voltage dc are others getting?

schubert will you please measure and let us know the ac voltages going into the PS at the terminals. and the raw low voltage dc. You only need to take a "minute" and then switch it off.

you could also check your ac mains voltage coming into the whole thing.

Hi all,

I'm new here and about to start on this build. I've already gotten some help from Victor (thanks!) and Tran (for helping with the boards). I've ordered most of the parts but am having trouble tracking down the following (not exactly but they are on all different vendors which want to charge USD30-40 shipping each as I'm in Singapore). I was wondering if someone out there had spares and would be willing to ship it to me at my expense? 

The silicon I'm after are:

LSK389 x 2 (or more)

2sa1486 x 10 (or more)

2sc3840 x 4 (or more)

lt1021-10 x 2 (or more)

2SC4686A x 12 (or more)

2SC2705 x 4 (or more)

2SC2240 x 4 (or more)

2SA970 x 4 (or more)

2SC1815 x 2 (or more)

Thanks in advance for any possible help!

Also, I've been going through the thread and can't seem to find any recommendations for transformers that work in 240v. Could someone point me to that thread? (Search doesn't seem to have helped there). 

All the transistors except the LSK389 can be had from bdent.com and the LSK from Trendsetter. 

You need custom transformers for this amp so somebody like SumR could build them for you.  They can be ordered with two 117V primaries which are then series connected for 240V.  

If you can live with +/-400V rails then there is this one from Edcor.  A small toroid for the low voltage and the end bells can be removed to mount the transformer inside a chassis.  I did just that in my B10 with M4 hardware and I'll use this transformer to make a souped up KGSS soon. 

Hi Spritzer,

Bdent was the first I tried... they don't have the quantity :( eg. they only have 1 x 2SC2705.

Maybe I'll try again in a few days and thanks for the advice on the transformer!

Edit: Just to be sure... bdent.com directs me to http://www.bdenterprisesinc.com/ so I hope that's right?

All the transistors except the LSK389 can be had from bdent.com and the LSK from Trendsetter. 

You need custom transformers for this amp so somebody like SumR could build them for you.  They can be ordered with two 117V primaries which are then series connected for 240V.  

If you can live with +/-400V rails then there is this one from Edcor.  A small toroid for the low voltage and the end bells can be removed to mount the transformer inside a chassis.  I did just that in my B10 with M4 hardware and I'll use this transformer to make a souped up KGSS soon. 

I'll take em :P

I sent you a pm about the Alpha Quads as well (well if you have some left)

Ok, I'll finalize my Bdent order tomorrow. I just can't seem to find one last component on BDent.com: LT1021-10 (do you happen to have 2 of them, too? :P)

Thanks Spritzer and Headinclouds (for the transformer).

Pretty stoked i'm getting everything in soon :P

I have some extra 2SC2705's.  :)

They seem to be branching out into more components so that is their new site. 

I have some extra 2SC2705's.  :)

They seem to be branching out into more components so that is their new site.