i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

I did, thanks. But their "datasheet" is pretty low on information. It seems that the switch itself does up to 250v ac, but the led appears to be offered in two flavours with one being 12v and the other being 220v - but I am just surmising.

edit: I see now - he is using the 12v dc version.

Dear all,

I've collected all transistors, and ready to next parts collecting for KGSSHV.

I'm newbie with Stax amps my project is use with 007A, should I config with 450V or 500V for better performance?

And about CCS, should I use 2SA1968 or IXYS which is better?

Needs your kindly advice.

Thank you everyone!

All The Best,

Pal 

No real performance benefit for using either the 450V or 500V option.  The bias is the same so there is more power at 500V but that's about it. 

Same thing for the CCS's, the A1968 is more stable when warming up so less drift but that's about it. 

So after powering on the PSU board the first time (450V version) I get +459, -459, +15, -15, and +569 for the bias before the 4.7m resistor. Is 9V over on the HV rails anything to worry about?

When you measured the bias before the 4.7M, did you let it warm up for a while? I found the bias to creep up a bit after 5-10 min and then sit solidly at ~ 580 (580.2 in my case). Can't speak to your + and - . Mine are at 504.0 and 504.3 and they seem to be fine.