i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

that is how I build mine.

How about MOSFETs all the way till the 4th stage, leaving the 2sc4686a in, and having the IXYS as CCS.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoNVeoQi85GgdEFDQnc1aVZBdmNoc0o4WXczVGwxSVE#gid=0

Some of the EOL BJTs are getting real hard to find, and I am worried about getting fakes and having my amp blow up.

Sorry typo. I meant the BJTs are getting hard to find.

For those using 115V, what's the max inrush current you have seen upon power on? I am trying to get a circuit breaker switch.

Also, can I use the 2sc2632 from Panasonic (http://www.classiccmp.org/rtellason/transdata/2sc2632.pdf) to replace the 2sc2705?

Edit: Nevermind I bought 20 2sc2705 from eBay just now. Hopefully it's not fake.

What's the difference between 2SC2240BL and 2SC2240GR, apart from the DC current gain, hfe?

Stunning boards.

Petite next to the older Lil Knight PCBs.

Indeed they are. Granted this one doesn't have the IXYS CCS option, but it's still impressive how much size has been shaven off (while adding the servo no less).

post-3922-0-21726500-1406039165_thumb.jp

Thanks, I'll have to check which way I put them in when I get home. Guess it's a good thing I'm still waiting on the (2U/300mm depth/450mm width) enclosure for my new HV. Gonna be a tight fit (nothing like the tiny HV though), and hopefully nothing blows up.

If I read right, that listing is for 12 pieces and not just 1? That is dirt cheap going to buy a mini stash.

There are two versions of the 2SC2705 O and Y class, O has hfe 80-160 and Y is 120-240, does it matter either of which is used?

Edited by DefQon

Doesn't matter which 2705 you use. 

Yep, had to flip the lower A970s. The other A970s were already in the left position. Just to be sure, is 100V rating enough for the .1uf caps for the servo?

attachicon.gifP1080241s.jpg

Ahh so that's what those look like when the max height of any component isn't equal to the terminal blocks...  :)

I guess the lead spacing was made 3 times as wide as the one for the 0.1uF cap as it makes the tracing under the PCB easier.

Sorry for sounding dumb, but I asked because there's not much reason to make the lead spacing that wide for a low voltage cap, film/ceramic.

For the fuse, is 3.5A slow blow good for 240V, and for 100V/115V, is 5A slow blow OK? Or is the amperage too high?

I read there were people having their 2A fuses burnt out on 240V. What about 3.15A for 240V, and 4A for 115V?

If I am trying to push the current on the output stage to 8mA or 10mA, would that increase the power draw by a noticeable amount?

I will also be having a 2 pole circuit breaker that is also a switch at the live and neutral.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/TE-Connectivity-PB/W33-T2N1Q-5/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvNllHT6Fj2fjyJLrUxEIJBwh69Ah0ZpOM%3d

Edited by kh90123