i'm on a roll... the kgsshv

kevin gilmore

Thanks Birgir.

I am planning to start a mini KGSSHV boards GB. I'll be using the kgsshv16mini.zip for the amp board and kgsshvpsminifinalstn9360.zip for the PSU. Can you confirm if the following board sizes are correct?

Thanks!

kgsshvampv16mini: 183mm x 99mm

kgsshvpsminifinalstn9360: 176mm x 167mm

Edited by mwl168

I think the kgsshvpsminifinalstn9360 board can accommodate both KSA1156 and STN9360. The STN9360 will need to be mounted vertically while observing the pin out specification. See Kevin's post #4014 in this thread. 

Although I can use additional clarification about the use of 270V zener with KSA1156.

It would be great too if someone can share some insights of the pro and con between the choice of the two devices.

I think the kgsshvpsminifinalstn9360 board can accommodate both KSA1156 and STN9360. The STN9360 will need to be mounted vertically while observing the pin out specification. See Kevin's post #4014 in this thread. 

Although I can use additional clarification about the use of 270V zener with KSA1156.

It would be great too if someone can share some insights of the pro and con between the choice of the two devices.

I don't know if you would parallel the device to limit it to 270V or put it in series with the collector or emitter?

If anyone wants some recent KGSSHV boards, I have two extra sets for the on-board heatsink version. kgsshvamp14mini.zip and almost kgsshvpsminifinal.zip (except it's version 1.0, not 1.1 — I didn't check closely what changed here between the previous final version and the current final version :) ). Please PM me if you're interested.

looking very nice

reminds me of something but i can't remember what it is

It reminds me of Goldmund preamps. Also the Spectral preamps made in the 90's (I think). Never heard the Spectral but a couple of Goldmund preamps I listened to were very nice sounding gears.

Nice build. It looks very slim. Does it use shorter heatsinks or it's an optical illusion? Some interior photos would be great!

Edited by mwl168