Anyone building a gamma2 soon?

MASantos

Hello, I'm looking to build a gamma2 DAC, but shipping costs from all the different vendors makes it very expensive here in europe.

If anyone is getting parts for this soon, would it be possible to order double the parts and ship them to me?

I'd be very thankful for this!

Regards,

Manuel

I think it's possible to get everything from Mouser provided that none of the components are out of stock so you can make use of the free shipping. The OPA2365 is going to be restocked on the 31st so you better move fast.

By the way, it's a very worthwhile project.

I'd still have to order from AMB and the case from somewhere, so it's still 3 different vendors. Also if someone could do this and ship it as a personal package I could possibly avoid customs! :cool:

Hmm... that's true. Isn't Farnell located in Europe? Can't you use that instead if you specifically want to avoid custom?

Capacitor availability at Farnell is a bit icky though...

Farnell is indeed in Europe, but they don't have all the parts and IC's necessary, I've made different BOMS and never can reduce the number the of vendors to 3!

and further the order from mouser is below 75€ so I have to pay shipping. I could build a second a sell it though!