CHROMA MD1

Aimless1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it sounded pretty damn far from Grado-like - it was very laid back, warm and smooth. Sounded way more like a 650 than a Grado to my ears (and I thought sounded very nice). Unfortunately, build quality and aesthetics were crappy, even for a pre-production prototype (I'm not sure how much more impressive the production photos look to me) - certainly not befitting a $1K+ headphone...

Top-end was definitely a bit recessed and the headphone was clearly voiced pretty far to the warm side of things, but I didn't get the sense that its overall resolution suffered from either of these things. We'll have to wait to hear from the one person who actually buys a pair and listens to the headphones not at the meet (if this mythical creature ever comes into existence).

I was in Tylls room when the MD1 was in the test box. I asked about the TightAnus and what happened to it. Reception was muffled. I guess the guys there work for Rudi or something.

I didn't even bother listening to it.

Steve is right, they sucked. Mids and bass were warm and plentiful, but there was no top end and the overall sound was syrupy. Can't say that they were Grado like and also would not agree they were HD650-like. Stick with suck, that is easier.

FACT: I did not listen to them.

• 1 year later...