The CanJam "where are you now" thread

The Monkey

Just about to check out after a leisurely scotch-free breakfast :), then onto playing tourist for a week in Chicago.

Big thanks to all those who made it possible, and all those who attended.

• The gods smiled on our female members with raffle wins for Vicki and Shelly.
  • I now know the corrects accent in which to read Spritzer's and Douggeh's posts.
  • All the cool kids have iPads.
  • Al wins this years What Happens in Can Jam, Stays in Can Jam award ;)
  • Further research is required on the JH3-A and LCD2
  • Tyll's word of the meet: cloaca
  • It is absolutely worth waiting 90 minutes in line for awesome Hot Dogs
  • Can't wait for the next one!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in LA. Will have to do some careful listening to the HifiMan HE-6's at Edwood's. Our listening session while waiting to board at O'Hare was very promising despite the background noise. Although I did get a few funny looks as I boarded the plane still wearing them. :D It should be an epic struggle for headphone dominance between the HE-6 and Audeze LCD-2 in the coming months.

Sitting in the airport, just had bad airport food with SiBurning, and have an hour or so to kill. It was truly wonderful seeing friends again, meeting some new folks, and I think I confirmed, at least to myself, I may have been the least craziest person in attendance, which may or may not be a good thing (Matt's calling my demure behavior my mid-life crisis). Anyway, big thanks to the Chicago team's hospitality. You guys were great.

On the Penn Tpk, 492 into the drive

Hope that means you're almost home, JP. That is a hell of a drive, although Young Min and Adrian top the list of the insane who drove. 15-16 hours is hell, and they were only in the hotel 20 hours or something.

Just stay away from the red vodka.

I just realized that I am drinking some energy drink that is almost the same color. Flashbacks are a bitch.

Hope that means you're almost home, JP. That is a hell of a drive, although Young Min and Adrian top the list of the insane who drove. 15-16 hours is hell, and they were only in the hotel 20 hours or something.

It was 19 on the way in but it was still well worth it to be able to meet and drink with everyone. Many thanks to Kevin, Todd and Doug for the glorious whisky and beer.

You have a BHSE in there so I'm not feeling sorry for you.

I'm back at Logan after a quick trip to Boston and getting very, very lost. Went to Ratshack and bought a SPL meter and just ate some sbarro pizza. I'm looking at the IEM's in the airport store wondering whether I should spring for one of them over the MX500. Why doesn't anybody sell the Ety's? Still 2 hours until I fly off...

Just got back home. Feel weird.

Ain't that the truth. My 12-year-old son asked if the TNP was really for him, and he likes to recite the ingredient ratios to my favorite cocktails, too. I think I may have a problem on my hands.

And if you need to come out of the closet or get anything else off your chest, just look around and you'll find the right thread. :P

I just woke up from my flight back. I left Chicago at 7:00pm on Monday evening, got to Ft Lauderdale at 11:00pm. Got picked up, arrived home, and just went to sleep.

This was certainly a memorable trip for me, but for much different reasons than all of you. I know I didn't spend much time with the crew (save for Saturday super late night show, going to sleep at almost 5am that day) and Sunday, but in the end I felt I made the right decision as one of my local Chicago friends is shipping out to the armed forces two months from now. Life is unpredictable, and I don't know when I will see him again. He certainly cherishes this vacation (as it was his birthday as well). As for the CanJam event itself, super well-organized. The layout of multiple smaller rooms really lent itself to better listening conditions.

Also, I got to see almost every major landmark during my stay, since it was my first time out in this city, and I am glad I did. I did my last sightseeing on Monday afternoon (spent all day in the Aquarium, an awesome experience), and then stopped by Reckless Records two hours before I left on Blue Line towards O'Hare airport. It was fun having 30lbs of vinyl strapped to my back.

The ride home was also delightful, shared music with the girl next to me, who was astounded by the sound quality of the AT W10JPN, and then we had fun going through a Cosmopolitan magazine someone from a previous flight left behind.

All in all, there was so much going on during this particular vacation that I simply didn't have time to do all the things I wanted to do, and I will certainly be going back some day.