Converting ALAC files to FLAC

mrarroyo

I've been using dbPowerAmp lately on a semi-weak virtual machine with excellent results.

Getting my tags and cover art in order on the transcoded files has worked out to be a two-step process in Picard and MP3Tag, neither one of which I had used before because neither would run on my finicky Mandriva 2007 machine. But both seem to be pretty nifty.

I didn't spring for the batch conversion feature, but maybe I should have. Oddly, dbPowerAmp requires a paid-for module to convert from FLAC to MP3.

I have one question regarding batch convertion with dbpoweramp. I selected a bunch of albums I have and the destination folder but instead of creating a new folder for each album and keeping things organized, dbpoweramp just put all the songs together in the destination folder. I have to create folders individually and then convert each album individually. Any way to do batch converting of multiple albums and still keep folders organized?

I have one question regarding batch convertion with dbpoweramp. I selected a bunch of albums I have and the destination folder but instead of creating a new folder for each album and keeping things organized, dbpoweramp just put all the songs together in the destination folder. I have to create folders individually and then convert each album individually. Any way to do batch converting of multiple albums and still keep folders organized?

Yep. After you select the songs to convert, select Dynamic Output Location in the window below. Enter the syntax for however your music is currently organised, and voila, it will put them into folders all by itself.