Vicki...The only Queen at CanJam?

swt61

Woot, yay for Steve and Shelly and possible third person! Some of my closest friends in high school were gay, one of them was leaning toward being bisexual, tons of people in music and the liberal arts (who I also know and/or are friends with) are gay, so knowing that a few more of my friends are gay isn't a big deal at all, and it's great that you've decided to come out. In fact, since I am around gay people so much of the time, I've definitely thought about whether I was many times. For now, I think I am straight because I still love the boobies but it is possible that will change later on. And as Shelly knows, there are always exceptions to the rule.

I sometimes wished that I could settle down with a woman, because the only real regret for me is not having the chance to be a Father. It just wouldn't work for me though, as I don't love the boobies. :P

I was thinking about this when you first posted in this thread. I don't know if you remember but after the last Houston meet, we were talking about kids and how you really wished you could be a father. I told you that there was still time to have a kid. I feel like a bit of a chump for saying that now but now it all makes more sense.

Hey Steve :). We have corresponded via PM several times and I wish I've gotten to meet you and everyone one day at a future CanJam. I admire your courage and am honored/touched that you have shared your experiences with us. I have friends that are gay and they have struggled with the nonacceptance from society and with family. I'm happy for you Steve.

I'm also happy for Shelly too :)

I was sure you had already figured it out Dusty. There were a few times you just seemed to see through me.
I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure, but -- as with Shelly -- I "allowed for the possibility".

Oh, and can I be the first? EDIT: ...er... to say this:

Wait for it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Fuck that, I'm moonin' your ass next meet! :D

Where I am from, if you are moonin' my ass, we would call that pantsing. Nobody wants that to happen, but you can moon me if it will make you happy. :)

I was thinking about this when you first posted in this thread. I don't know if you remember but after the last Houston meet, we were talking about kids and how you really wished you could be a father. I told you that there was still time to have a kid. I feel like a bit of a chump for saying that now but now it all makes more sense.

Then again, two of my closest gay friends are married and adopted a baby girl recently. Two dads can be better than one! But no boobies. They're both too fit even for the man variety.

I am glad the two of you are comfortable enough with us crazies to share such personal and to many, extremely private information, Steve and Shelly. I am glad I had a chance to hang out with both of you, two of the people I enjoyed meeting most at the meet. Steve, I would have found it funnier to have been beaten by such a geezer, sorry, though I gotta say (and I am sure this was apparent), there wasnt much funnier than just how red you managed to turn. Seriously, it was like some sort of Hulk thing, only with a skewed RGB color table. I really thought you had me there, though. It must have been even funnier for you than I realized at the time, with how intent mypasswordis was about discovering the secret of the Tice.

So, looking forward to the proposed Texas shindig even more now that I know I don't have to compete with you for the attention of the ladies, Steve, now there is even more reason to have it during Spring Break.

Steve, I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough here to "Come Out". I'd like to use this opportunity to also come out, I'm a heterosexual male. There, now that that is out in the open I feel much better; Now there is no room for ambiguity. :)

I don't care about anyones sexuality, what I care about is whether or not a person is easy or not. In all seriousness what Steve's choosing to come out to the Head-Case community and its reaction to that coming out tells me is that I should be spending more time here.

Oh.... The other thing it tells me is that I have to make the next National because I'd wager that I'd give Colin some decent competition. Out of 150 guys on my Submarine none could best me at arm wrestling. That's right, I was In The Navy (Actually when that was a current song), and on-board Submarines. So please remember that when I go Down, it's for three months at a time, and that as a Submariner I do it deeper.

I'm sorry I missed the meet, maybe next year.

Yikes

Ethan

Well this thread proves it, this place is pretty cool and I am glad to have met you all you fine folks at CanJam. I hope we can all stay friends through future CanJams in whatever iteration they become. Steve you are a pretty cool guy and I had a great time talking to you and learning how you almost became a popsicle. ;)

I found it from my own personal experience and from my thoughts that when you are in a meet esp with HC peeps nothing really matters in terms of any "wrongs" you have, maybe its the weird headphone bond we share and feel comfortable enough for anything else..ummm not sure, but seriously the last group of peeps to give a negative impact on whats one person likes in bed would be headcasers at a meet! personally to me i am asked once a day if i am gay at my bar, you have to understand being skinny, well dressed, goofy, and clean shaven on the south side of Chicago is a perfect stereotype of someone who swings the same sex way to most people. to me i never cared but more importantly i use it to my advantage all the time, really why would a woman ask if i was gay if she had zero interest in me to ask such a bold question? when i am hitting on someones girlfriend by accident the guy looks at me and feels safe so no trouble there, and the best thing about being stereotyped this way is woman want to find out the truth...first hand. of course it sucks cause afterwards they want nothing to do with me but im working on that last one.

i didnt get to meet you at the meet but seriously at a meet with hf/hc peeps you should feel 100% comfortable with yourself anyway you are, i would expect nothing less from this community by past experience and personal beliefs myself. i never read your post or maybe cared enough which way you swing, so i never picked up on it then again i never cared to think of you or anyone's sexual stuff.

also you may not be the only "queen" as you call it but im the only pretty princess on headcase!

I'm going to chime in and say that i really appreciate the tolerance of alternate everything here.

As a jew growing up in a 99.9% christian town, i got to learn first hand about religious intolerance,

its just as bad as racial intolerance, sexual intolerance etc. In fact working at a university the tolerance

of intolerance is absolutely frowned upon. In fact any violations of religious, sexual orientation, marital status,

citizenship status, racial status (and two more i can't remember) is cause for dismissal even for

tenured faculty. This from a school that 50 years ago would not allow jews to attend.

I sure wish things were more tolerant when i was growing up. And i think its great that married

couples are actively looking for gay positive churches. This is definitely new.

So i'm tired of the filth that rush limbaugh and the morons at fox news spew, and i'm very tired of the

people that listen to and bow down and pray to these jackasses. It certainly includes the gays in the

military thing.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by kevin gilmore

Steve, thank you for being so honest and trusting all of us enough to bare your soul. Shelly, same to you, girlfriend, and thanks for sticking with what was likely a quite obnoxious drunk as we searched for Al. As the unanimous opinion in this thread states, we don't give a rat's ass about what team you are on, as long as that team includes us as cheer leaders.

Thanks to you both for letting us into your inner circles. We won't let you down.

I remember explaining to fellow sailors that statistically an Aircraft Carrier has a gay community around 500 strong. They usually couldn't believe me.

I think some suspected that I was gay. Maybe it was my pat comeback to the insult "Suck my Dick!" I'd reply: "You wouldn't like it, my technique is terrible, but I do have enthusiasm!!!" the looks on their faces were priceless.

Heh, don't sweat it, besides you had no way of knowing, except maybe for that T-shirt I was wearing...

dcp080501ekm240x180ekm.jpg

Just stay away from my tiara!!!

OK, but can I play with it sometimes? (no, I've never uttered those words before)

I am glad the two of you are comfortable enough with us crazies to share such personal and to many, extremely private information, Steve and Shelly. I am glad I had a chance to hang out with both of you, two of the people I enjoyed meeting most at the meet. Steve, I would have found it funnier to have been beaten by such a geezer, sorry, though I gotta say (and I am sure this was apparent), there wasnt much funnier than just how red you managed to turn. Seriously, it was like some sort of Hulk thing, only with a skewed RGB color table. I really thought you had me there, though. It must have been even funnier for you than I realized at the time, with how intent mypasswordis was about discovering the secret of the Tice.

So, looking forward to the proposed Texas shindig even more now that I know I don't have to compete with you for the attention of the ladies, Steve, now there is even more reason to have it during Spring Break.

I'd type a better response, but I'm seriously rolling on the floor laughing!

I still want to know... as long as it doesn't involve pulling my pants down and bending over. :D We're talking about length, right?

I'm sure we can work something out. ;)

ur doin it wrong, beeeeeeeelllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. they're not into putting on a strap on and doing all the work

Now my sides are starting to hurt from laughing!

Steve, thank you for being so honest and trusting all of us enough to bare your soul. Shelly, same to you, girlfriend, and thanks for sticking with what was likely a quite obnoxious drunk as we searched for Al. As the unanimous opinion in this thread states, we don't give a rat's ass about what team you are on, as long as that team includes us as cheer leaders.

Thanks to you both for letting us into your inner circles. We won't let you down.

You can be my cheerleader anytime Gene!

I remember explaining to fellow sailors that statistically an Aircraft Carrier has a gay community around 500 strong. They usually couldn't believe me.

I think some suspected that I was gay. Maybe it was my pat comeback to the insult "Suck my Dick!" I'd reply: "You wouldn't like it, my technique is terrible, but I do have enthusiasm!!!" the looks on their faces were priceless.

I'm glad you posted that, because I can't begin to count how many sailors I'd only be able to recognize by the back of their neck. Really! We've always joked about how they should turn there pants around while on shore leave, so that the button flap is in back. That does not go for Marines however, so do not kick my ass Naaman!

As others have said I am really appreciative that you two are comfortable enough with the loonies here to share personal details of your life. It really makes me appreciate this great community all the more. My only regret from the last weekend was not being able to spend more time with both of you. It was a real pleasure to finally meet you in person Steve and to see Shelly again and even talk a little math geek stuff. You guys are definitely the cool kids. So when is the Texas meet?

It was great to meet everyone, and I would echo Ryan's thoughts which were much more eloquent than anything I could write. It takes a big person to put themselves out there to possible rejection or what not. This is a very special community, so I don't think you will find that here.

So when is the Texas meet?

Honestly I suck at organizing things like this. I need to see if I can get Marc more involved in this to make it happen. We need to see what would work best for the majority. Colin mentioned how nice it would be to get away from the cold of winter to a palm treed oasis, but then he also perked right up at the mention of spring break (although most of the girls would be several miles down the beach from us).