Vicki...The only Queen at CanJam?

swt61

Well, guess I would consider myself a non-practicing 83.74287% lesbian... oh, nevermind.

Reminds me of an old joke, which Steve has probably heard already

Q: Are you a practicing Homosexual?

A: I don't need to practice, darling, I'm already perfectly good at it! :)

Tyll thinks he should have been (gay, not a woman).

Well ... no, actually I know I'm straight ... but I'd say I've got a lot of woman in me.

I played a somewhat female role in my last marriage pretty strongly.

I'm sure when I embodied this time the angels made sure I wasn't a woman

because I would have just become a stripper.

This is what gets me:

To be honest, you are the coolest gay guy I've ever met; I immediately felt a good rapport with you when I met you.

I too really enjoyed you hanging with you in the measurement room.

But I've got to say, I've usually got pretty good gaydar, (see ballerina shit above)

and you didn't ping at all.

Shelly (hi Shelly wave.gif) I had pegged, and when I saw her post about her husband previously

I felt like I had to go back and check for bugs in my subroutine.

Thanks for posting here, Shelly, you've restored my faith in humanity,

or at least my understanding of it.

Anyway, Steve, it was fucking great hanging with you and ...

And if you ever need company on your motorcycling trips I'll be your BOB any day! (bitch on the back)

If I'm ever in Texas on my FJR I'll let you know, but if you lay the side of you helmet on my back I'm gonna fucking kick you off.

Beefy, I remember that thread and maybe a couple other comments I made that would have led to your conclusion, so I take zero offense. I consider myself heterosexual, but have always viewed sex as just a wonderful extension and expression of appreciation for another, so lines get crossed, sometimes for years. Life's weird. I sure don't have it figured out. I've also learned that my beliefs about these things don't fit in well with how the world really works, and so, just for clarity's sake, I'm 76.856473 heterosexual, but like Shelly, except the opposite, I'm non-practicing.

Beefy, I remember that thread and maybe a couple other comments I made that would have led to your conclusion, so I take zero offense.

Cool beans. I thought I was going mad :)

I consider myself heterosexual, but have always viewed sex as just a wonderful extension and expression of appreciation for another, so lines get crossed, sometimes for years. Life's weird. I sure don't have it figured out. I've also learned that my beliefs about these things don't fit in well with how the world really works, and so, just for clarity's sake, I'm 76.856473 heterosexual, but like Shelly, except the opposite, I'm non-practicing.

If everyone had it all figured out, it would be a very dull, dull world. I hope you find whatever it is that you are looking for.

Sorry to be late to the coming out party. I'm sure that it was hard for both Steve and Shelly to speak their hearts here. I'm also sure that it won't matter an iota to the vast majority, if not all, of us. Steve and Shelly, you're both great people and what else counts?

Just for the record, I'm a 100% non-practicing heterosexual. I'd be practicing if women would have anything to do with me.

....Suddenly this seems to explain a lot of things. ;)

Gotta say you were already a cool dude in my book Steve, and your post doesn't change anything for me. Sexual orientation doesn't really matter to me one way or another, well at least as long as I'm not on any receiving ends because I just wouldn't know how to react to that. :P

The refreshing honesty & camaraderie on HC is just one of the things I love about it and no matter who's what or where one has been, or whatever one has done in the past, I consider just about everyone on here to be someone worth knowing and/or getting to know better. All you guys 'round here rock. The HC collective is the best damn collective of people anywhere!

Is Wayne a lesbian trapped in a man's body? That might explain some of the behavior at the Pizza Parlor with Polina. Don't ever let him on Sesame Street, though ... bought to you by the letters ...

The only lesbian trapped inside of Wayne is the one he ate. rim-shot-johnny-utah.thumbnail.jpg

Well, guess I would consider myself a non-practicing 83.74287% lesbian... oh, nevermind.

Silly boy, that is the key part of Shelley's algorithym that she used to win all that gear at CanJam. You need to drink more Pilsner and pay attention.

Just talked to my Mom. Told her I came out to the forum. She got quiet. I told her that you people are the best people I've ever met, and the news was received better than I ever could have hoped for. She's still a bit nervous, but you know Mothers. She knew my friend that was killed, and she absolutely freaked at the news. She tried to get me on a plane immediately afterward, and she worries incessantly about people finding out about me. I guess I'll always be her little boy, even at 50.

If SandJam comes to fruition I'll have to bring her up to meet everyone. That will definitely put her at ease. You folks are the best! I'm very blessed to know each and every one of you.

BTW, I forgot to mention that I told Marc at the airport on the way home. He and I have gotten to be friends outside of the internet for a while now, and I wanted to tell him face to face.

I got a bit choked up when talking about the death of my friend, all this in the middle of 7000 people, and instead of being the least bit embarrassed, he patted me on the shoulder and showed honest concern. You're definitely one of the good guys Marc, and thanks for being my friend!

Both you guys are sooo magnetically attractive and fun to hang out with. I can see that after you both had a chance to meet the others and hang out for a couple of days(and nights :-) , you got the sense that you were among real friends. Friends that love you just the way you are. No matter what.

I'm like Birgir. I'm humbled that you would confide in us. It makes friendship something more. Adrian is right in that if we were all the same it would be very boring. Both of you are anything and everything BUT.

Thanks for being you.

I wasn't planning to post this here until a bit later, but after seeing the amount of positive energy here I've decided to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag: I am the member Steve was referring to in the beginning of his post.

Unlike most people, I did not realize I was gay by the time I was in my teens, and always thought I was solidly heterosexual. It wasn't until earlier this year, having been single for a few years that I finally began to notice an attraction towards other men, which caused me more than a small amount of distress at the time. It reached a point that I needed to confide in someone else, and sent Steve a message one night after I'd been up late thinking about my situation. He was nothing but supportive of helping me work through it, although at the time I wasn't entirely sure what he meant by me having good instincts in choosing to go to him for advice.

After sending that message to him and starting the initial dialogue, I quickly felt more and more comfortable with the fact that I was gay, and within days I had become certain and completely okay with it. It made me feel incredibly empowered, like a veil was lifted off my mind. Even in ways unrelated to sexuality I've felt very liberated... I'm significantly more comfortable talking openly to people even if I don't know them, no more quietly sitting off to the side all the time. Some people who've previously met me might have noticed that at CanJam; one person even directly commented on it to me.

Now that this is out in the open, everyone can start a new wave of jokes about me and Steve sharing a room for CanJam. :P