Internet speeds - how much is truly needed?

recstar24

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have 50down/5 up(advertised) for about 25€ here! Internet speed and cost is much better and cheaper here in Europe AFAIK. Here in Portugal latest speed advertised by ISPs is 300M down and 50up, using fiberoptic connections for about 50€ Still not available were I live though.

I have 50down/5 up(advertised) for about 25€ here! Internet speed and cost is much better and cheaper here in Europe AFAIK. Here in Portugal latest speed advertised by ISPs is 300M down and 50up, using fiberoptic connections for about 50€ Still not available were I live though.

UK and Ireland are probably the exception. Speeds are still very slow and prices are very high for what you get.

868561748.png

Yeah, I have what is probably a 3 Mbps DSL account that I'm stuck with for another 6 months. I guess I can't complain because I got it dirt cheap for the first 12 months, but for what I'm paying now, I can't wait to go to something with a little more speed. Netflix HD streaming is barely passable, and while surfing is OK, downloading anything of substance is painfully slow. I keep telling myself that December will be here soon!