Using RCA and XLR outputs simultaneously on DAC (ECD-1)?

shellylh

I would like to connect the KGSS (balanced), Woo Audio 5LE (SE), and GS-1 (SE) all to the ECD-1. I was hoping to be able to have more than one amp on at a time (but at least not have to plug and unplug cables). Is it ok to have amps connected (and running) to both the XLR and RCA outputs of the ECD-1 simultaneously and will this degrade sound quality?

This was my plan:

|----(RCA)----> GS-1 ----(loop out)----> WA5LE
ECD-1 |
|----(XLR)----> KGSS[/HTML]

Edited by shellylh

Like Jacob, I cannot speak to the ECD-1 specifically, but I did that exact thing all the time from an Accuphase player with RCA & XLR outs. Even split the RCA to feed two SE amps. I would also echo Ari's suggestion to just try it (you'll probably like it) .... But then that's so true of many things. :)

It's highly likely that the ECD-1 has dedicated output stages for both the SE and XLR outputs so I can't imagine that this will be a problem. Some crazy purist will probably tell you that it isn't the best thing to do to load both at the same time but my bet is that you'll be fine and suffer no sonic consequences.