Schiit Asgard

Smeggy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USPS attempted to deliver but I was at work :( To me the amp is a nice simple and compact amp at a reasonable price point. Haven't really read the thread over there too in-depth, but it seems like some folks are REALLY excited about it. Cult-like, perhaps?

Looking forward to giving the amp a listen; I think it'll be interesting to compare against my soon to be built CKKIII/M3/L'es torpedo amps.

People claiming it is ground braking is so idiotic it isn't even funny. The hype train is even fueled by the same idiots as are pushing the LCD-2. Just gotta love HF... :palm:

I for one wish kwkarth would "put a cork in it" - to use his own words. Is that even appropriate for a moderator/administrator over at HF to post?

People claiming it is ground braking is so idiotic it isn't even funny. The hype train is even fueled by the same idiots as are pushing the LCD-2. Just gotta love HF... :palm:

Ground breaking, certainly not...... but you have to agree that this is the sort of amp that should be encouraged.

I for one wish kwkarth would "put a cork in it" - to use his own words. Is that even appropriate for a moderator/administrator over at HF to post?

Talking/arguing with kwkarth feels exactly like talking with my father after he's had one too many ports.

Ground breaking, certainly not...... but you have to agree that this is the sort of amp that should be encouraged.

Absolutely. It provides a nice comparison point against the crap Meier, RSA and others are peddling at higher prices but to say it is superior to a M3 is just fucking nuts.

He was at can jam but did not have a chance to talk to Him. He is old school HF one of the original mods from 2001 I believe but for the longest time I never saw or read any of his posts, I don't think ever. Now he is posting like mad out of the blue, I wonder who is next, tube roller perhaps lol.

But what if they are an Elder Statesman? Depends might be an option.

As far as Schiit goes; It looks like nice domestically produced budget gear. The principals know how to design audio equipment. If I were in the market for a budget amp I'd consider them, but i don't use the budget amps that I have. I certainly don't think Schiit walks on water, it might float, but not walk on. The Head-Fi Fan-boys love to think that they have found the Magic Bullet, the one company that builds the highest Performance for Dollar product available. In their eyes they have achieved the Audio equivalent of the old joke: When driving down the highway at 80 MPH a driver can be heard cursing anyone going slower than they are as being morons, anyone going faster than they are is cursed as an Ass Hole. Head-Fi Fan-Boys love to think that they've found the one product that is better than just about everything and you'd have to be a moron to spend the 5x, 10x, 20x more that you would need to even possibly better it.

Products that attract Fan-boyisim.

Benchmark DAC1 (i purchased one buying into the hype. The Hyper-etched sound was to my ear unlistenable. I sold it)

Audio-gd anything (I own a Phoenix and as a Headphone amp I think it's only OK. As a Preamp it's much better)

Nuforce uDAC and HDP (I own a uDAC, and it's an OK $99 small portable USB powered solution, hardly the end all be all)

Schiit ???

Buffalo sabre 32 dac

Oppo BDP-83 (I own the 83SE and at best it was OK - I sent it to Exemplar Audio for modification. It's back and breaking-in)

So I obviously get swept up in the early enthusiasm for some products, but few would count me among the Fan-Boys. I find it's the over the top hyper enthusiastic hyperbole that gets obnoxious.

Edited by Yikes
Addition