Schiit Asgard

Smeggy

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That cat is a mod? I didn't notice him until I tried to read the CanJam impressions thread and noticed one fellow in particular who tried to singlehandedly ruin it with annoying ass arguments over minutiae. Seriously, is KB his boyfriend or something? Why so adamantly defensive?

When he likes something, he REALLY LIKES it.

Got my piece of Schiit Asgard today, chuckled when I noticed the included rca to mini cable was a Monoprice cable.

Edit: Wow, people weren't joking about the bottom getting hot. The hottest spot on the bottom of the amp is at 115F after being on for about 20 min.

I have completely avoided the HF thread for just that reason. I do like this amp, a LOT for the price. It may be the best retail product at the price. But when you can get some nice DIY for the same or not too much more $, the value lessens. Still, it is a well-built, fun sounding amp, at a price that can entice anyone.

Right now, I like my Millett better; but I think the $350 Valhalla could give it a run for it's money based on the value for $ of the Asgard.

I'm not clear on what yall are getting to upset about - this is the same exact FOTM frenzy that hf has every time a new product is announced. Only this time, it is being shilled by an administrator...

Correction, he's just a mod and his title has been updated appropriately.

That's a pretty big step upwards IMO in terms of design chops. Little Dot has all but abandoned their ESP amp project (lack of sockets or something lame like that was their excuse) but a cheap amp would be a very, very welcome thing in my book. There are plenty of tubes out there which are completely overlooked but would be great for a cheap ESP amp and there are plenty of simple amp topologies which would work great.

I skimmed it until I got to the part comparing the Matrix to the Luxman. Right then, my eyes rolled back, and I wanted to punch someone.

So the Matrix is a bit worse in every way but doesn't get embarrassed? Damn, who would've fucking thought? I've never read anything to that effect in an audio review before.

Anyways, if he's not a noob, he certainly seems like a speaker enthusiast who crossed over into headphones without delving too deeply into the subculture. I certainly don't know about like half of his equipment. I'm not gonna knock his general audio knowledge, but I still say the headphone knowledge and ears may be suspect.