Preferred online vendor for DSLR purchase

recstar24

Ryan,

While not online, I'd recommend Best Buy as odd as that may sound. Their pricing is likely to be every bit as good as any of the above and I really like having a physical place to take things in the event that there is a problem, even if it just means that they have to deal with shipping it out for repairs. I bought my original D70 at BB and it got replaced with a D80 about 18mo later. I'm a firm believer in aftermarket warranties on stuff like DSLRs and have no experience with extended service plans through anyone but BB.

B&h is offering a nice package with the 18-55 lens and the 55-200 lens for $500, includes a $150 instant rebate. I hope I am reading that right as it seems too good to be true.

Nikon - D3000 SLR Digital Camera with 18-55mm VR & 55-200mm

EDIT. 750-150= 600. Me learn math.

Nate, will definitely stop by my local best buy as well.

Oddly, when I put the Nikon kit into shopping cart, it shows up as $554.90.

Ryan,

While not online, I'd recommend Best Buy as odd as that may sound. Their pricing is likely to be every bit as good as any of the above and I really like having a physical place to take things in the event that there is a problem, even if it just means that they have to deal with shipping it out for repairs. I bought my original D70 at BB and it got replaced with a D80 about 18mo later. I'm a firm believer in aftermarket warranties on stuff like DSLRs and have no experience with extended service plans through anyone but BB.

I'm with Nate on this one. I also purchased my D80 through them and had them price match with the lowest online price at the time. I think it is a bit hit and miss trying to do this now. They also have much better prices on service plans than other camera stores.

I am lucky enough to have Adorama and B&H a couple of subway stops away but I would use them regardless. The price is typically much better than B&M and their stock is dramatically better than most places when I need a large selection.

I use Best Buy when the prices are similar as I am Reward Zone Black there so it usually ends up in my favor but I actually bought the last DSLR from Amazon for a price quite a bit cheaper than anyone else had. Their prices seem to fluctuate quite a bit so you just need good timing. If you buy at Best Buy just make sure you do not buy the memory, etc. there as it is insanely overpriced compared to B&H.

Now I don't understand the whole Nikon thing, but to each his own. :P