Preferred online vendor for DSLR purchase

recstar24

B&H has been excellent for me. Very responsive and friendly.

Cameta were grouchy assholes who tried to blame me for their own screwups. They are definitely on the shitlist.

I hate BB with a passion. Avoid their armies of idiots like the plague, and wait for Amazon to match their sales, with no tax to boot. Get a squaretrade warranty, and you'll have better service than BB could ever dream of.

I have had success with Beach Camera, Buydig, Tri-State Camera, and Canoga, but I have also not made any huge purchases with them, nor needed any involved service.

Oddly, when I put the Nikon kit into shopping cart, it shows up as $554.90.

Nikon USA obliges retailers to honor MAP prices. MAP= Minimum Advertised Prices." This limits the lowest price we can advertise and limits how we're permitted to show the real selling price on our site. For some brands, there's an "add to cart" option and for others you click to send an email which we reply to automatically and almost immediately. We regret when this inconveniences a customer, but our options are severely limited.

BTW, it's not just Nikon USA; I mention them because this thread is about Nikon products.