2010 RMAF/CJ@RMAF

Asr

Ok so here's the deal: with 3 months' advance notice for this thing, I'm expecting some more HC-ers to show up this year. There was a paltry handful last year (but it was certainly a fine group, no complaints there) and I'm sure more can show up this time! Who can be in? It'll be headphones + speakers!

JP will be there, and probably Tyll too I'll bet, along with inevitably Jude and the rest of the usual HF folks too.

Here's what I'll offer for anyone who travels in:

- car service to/from DIA as my schedule permits (since the hotel is too far from the airport to have a free shuttle)

- a round of beer on me at whatever fine establishment we end up going to each night

- will bring a stash of the finest microbrews that Colorado has to offer for everyone to sample from

- hrmm, anything else I'm missing?

JP's ever-evolving thread over at HF with more infoz: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/499107/canjam-at-rmaf-2010

RMAF Web site: http://www.audiofest.net

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the group rates at the venue hotel are here: Rocky Mountain Audiofest 2010.

And right across the road are the Hilton Garden Inn Denver Tech Center and Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center which are both cheaper than the Marriott (at least if you book in advance). Staying at the Marriott would make more sense though if enough people are assembled for the Double, Triple, or Quad rates.

I'll throw in this offer too: since I'll have to book my own hotel stay too (Denver's far away enough that it doesn't make much sense to drive back home each night), 1 free accommodation for anyone who might want to use the other bed, and maybe 1 more for anyone who doesn't mind sleeping on the floor?

Oh and cheaper airport-hotel transportation can be had on the RTD light rail btw, for anyone who doesn't want to pay for one of those car services.

Also keep in mind that RMAF passes are $10 for 1 day, $20 for 2 days, or $25 for all 3 days (cheaper for students & seniors).

In regards to the free hotel accommodation I offered above, I'm most likely going to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, not the Marriott.

I'd like to make it and bring my speakers, which might entail a road trip. Are there (free?) accommodation for this sort of rig?

Oh I think I misinterpreted your post, oops. JP would have to speak for this. Though I'm not sure RMAF would permit setup of speakers in anything other than a dedicated room which would need to be paid for.

I am going to try to make it this year. I am looking for another Marriott in the area as the event Hotel appears to be booked. I am trying to do the flight, rental car, hotel all with points but will probably wait to see if a HC hotel choice comes to fruition.

Is RMAF similar to CanJam in that members will have space to set up their own gear?

If my DAC is finished by then I might consider driving and hauling my system. That is if Marc and maybe others would be in for a road trip in the Santa Fe? Shelly...Fitz?

Is RMAF similar to CanJam in that members will have space to set up their own gear?

If my DAC is finished by then I might consider driving and hauling my system. That is if Marc and maybe others would be in for a road trip in the Santa Fe? Shelly...Fitz?

Yes there will be member table space

I would walk there if I had to. And, thankfully, I could if need be. It's about 4 miles fom me.

I probably cannot be as forthrightly magnanimous as Steve, but anyone who came last year knows I will happily bend over backwards to ensure everyone has whatever it is they need. That offer still stands.

I will happily provide transportation, both to/from the airport and to/from debauchery before after and during the show itself.

Looking forward to this greatly.