Mini meet in South Miami.

mrarroyo

Right now I own one pair of iem's the HiFiMAN RE-252 and one pair of buds the Yuin OK1. I really enjoy the Yuin specially at the office since it allows me to hear if the phone rings or if a visitor is at the door. Although I have enjoyed my time with the RE-252 it is time to move up the ladder a bit and thus why I am considering a new set of iem's. However I do not use them much and I have a hard time justifying over $250 for a pair and thanks to Rob I was able to try a few units which otherwise it would have been impossible to do. Why he owns so many pairs? ... well only he can answer and IMO who cares? It is his money/time and it is up to him to decide how to spend it.

Anyways, yesterday I thought I liked the Westone 2 over the TripleFi 10 however today I am really enjoying the TripleFi 10 better. This after I swapped tips and reversed the units to face forward instead of backwards. Thanks.

mypasswordis, HOOKERS? well, I see them all the time in Miami Beach. Heck some of them sunbathe topless at my building's pool!

so a custom > well fitted universal if they use the same drivers/crossover?

Perhaps I'm the minority on that, I don't have a lot of experience, but has the idea ever crossed your mind?

I compared the custom JH5 to universal JH13 at Can Jam and yeah there were differences, for sure but lots of similarities. After about 15 minutes of A/B/C/X/Y/Z ing I came to the conclusion that I would have no idea how much better the custom JH13 would be than the universal, but my expectation would be pretty high. Also, FWIW I preferred my custom fit, even if it was the lowly JH5 to the universal JH13 (boo hiss I know, but reread the previous sentence again).

I'm probably the last person that could really solve this mystery, but this thread was odd enough that I decided to stir the pot a bit.

I haven't had that much experience with custom iems either and I'm pretty sure that there arent many that have loads of customs/universal iems to compare but I did try the triple universal vs triple fi remolded customs. I preferred the universal fit.

The problem with my "test" was that the triple fis were meant to be universals. iirc, someone on head-fi talked to Jerry Harvey, who designed the tf-10s, told the guy that the triple fis would sound worse as customs since they were designed to be universal fit. This would probably be the case from going from custom iems to fake universal fit iems.