Please Help Me Choose My Headphones

uOpt

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should exercise, it's good for you. Also make sure to eat your vegetables and don't have too much for dessert. Cut down on late night snacks, brush your teeth, don't pick your nose, keep your nails trimmed, and your facial hair trimmed, and get a good amount of sleep every night. All so you can wake up the next morning, get dressed, eat, go to work, and live out your day in a manner society deems acceptable and, above all else, productive. Rinse and repeat.

Hi there,

This is my first ever post, not only on this forum but on any forum so please be gentle smile.gif. I am here because I am at a point where I would like to spend what I would consider a lot of money on a pair of headphones but every shop I have asked to try a pair to ensure I like them they tell me I am unable to. For this reason I need help from people who know what they are talking about smile.gif.

This is currently my shortlist;

Sony MDR-NC60

Bose Around-Ear

Sennheiser HD25 Mk2

Philips SHN9500/00

My first question is are noise cancelling headphones worth it? With that feature turned on does the sound quality suffer?

If this is the case then that eliminates 3 of my four selected.

Are these the best I can get for no more than

ummmmmm. How do you plan on using them mostly? Travel? Home? Outside? What will you be using as a source? What's your experience with audio gear in general? Experience with music? Prefer a more neutral presentation or are you a basshead, etc.? Do you want to get one headphone and be done, or are you building a rig (headphone, source, amp) or plan on upgrades down the line?

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Basically i want a pair of headphones that i can use for all of my needs. These would include;

Listening to my Ipod (i listen to a huge varity of music from Drum and bass, Chart music, Acoustic etc)

Using on my Imac (at home and on Planes) for music and videos

Home DJ'ing, i have MP3 decks, i usually play house music on those.

I listen to my music the majority of the time at home or in the office, but i do travel a bit and would like the option to remove the annoying noises around me (i dont think i will find a pair that will stop the annoying kid kicking the chair behind you on the plane). However the option for noise cancellation is not essential so if this feature greatly reduces the sound quality then i would rather make do without it.

Cheers

Hi All,

After a week of reading reviews I woke up this morning with every intension of buying a pair of noise cancelling headphones but after adding that thought on this forum i have been guided away from that due to the use i have for my headphones.

This now posses a new problem in that i have to decide on a pair. I have a price limit of