Amp suggestions for Senn 800 and Audeze LCD-2 please...

Solude

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking on the Rudistor site and found this:

rp010int400.jpg

Are those heatsinks cooling the.....power resistors?

Holy shit, it's $4000?

Yup and add to that what ever SS amp needs... output capacitors... :palm:

what about the Auditor?...

I for one never liked that amp and would take a Dynalo over it...

Regarding Rudistor all I know is that after I visited their display at the first National meet I walked away shaking my head. As far as I could tell the stuff was the very definition of Bad Value. Haven't bothered listening to it since.

Rudistor is the worst value out there and most of the stuff makes Singlepower gear look well designed and made to last. He always uses the cheapest crap he can find, all the circuit boards are basic tin plated copper (i.e. like ARC for some reason still uses :rolleyes:) naturally with no ground plane. Cheap Hifi-2000 chassis and a Alps RK27 in a 4k$ amp...

Owners of the Senn 800 have reported that the Senn 800 improves when driven balanced. I haven't heard one but perhaps a Little Dot Mk. VI? Will cost around $800 shipped brand new. I believe at least one person on this forum owns this amp and could possibly provide more information about how it sounds.

Owners of the Senn 800 have reported that the Senn 800 improves when driven balanced. I haven't heard one but perhaps a Little Dot Mk. VI? Will cost around $800 shipped brand new. I believe at least one person on this forum owns this amp and could possibly provide more information about how it sounds.

Isn't this the amp that they had to shoehorn couple of cooling fans due to heat issues after the first production run?

While I've had couple of balanced amps in the past and enjoyed their benefits, I'd rather have a well-built/designed singled-ended amp than a poorly-built/designed balanced amp.

Edited by Salt Peanuts
Typing errors, since it appears my typing skills are deteriorating.

I like the B22 very much with most phones, but I wouldn't say it's the best match for the HD800. I like the Gilmore Reference better (SE more than balanced) and the Luxman P1 even more. It all depends on what HD800 features you want to enhance and which ones are better tamed.

Rudistor is the worst value out there and most of the stuff makes Singlepower gear look well designed and made to last. He always uses the cheapest crap he can find, all the circuit boards are basic tin plated copper (i.e. like ARC for some reason still uses :rolleyes:) naturally with no ground plane. Cheap Hifi-2000 chassis and a Alps RK27 in a 4k$ amp...

Yup pretty stupid seeing those PCBs even on ARC's "reference" $10000+ products.