Amp suggestions for Senn 800 and Audeze LCD-2 please...

Solude

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Senn 800 and I didn't get along so my last standing dynamic is the LCD-2... until I break down and try the T1. Have a b22 now and wonder if there are any tube options I can add? Be my tube virgin amp so be gentle :eek:

I like the LCD-2 more than the T1, but you should find a headphone meet to give the T1 a try and decide for yourself. For tubes, I think the ZDT and Balancing Act are a good option. I'm pretty happy with my ZDT.

It is a matter of semantics. They are both planar magnetic, Yamaha coined the term orthodynamic while Fostex described their drivers as isodynamic (as did wharfedale = the original manufacturer of this headphone technology ) Most Yamaha tend to be center pinned with a circular trace ( as were the PMB ) while fostex has erred on the tauter streched membrane attached on the perimeter to the driver suspension. There are naturally variations from this rule - yamaha YHD1/2 etc ..dB

The guys at Schiit have been really upfront about their products and as such when someone asked if the Val and orthos would play nice he said no. Have been eying a ZDT, WA6SE but really hate seeing opinions with the words full, musical or thick when describing tubes. EC doesn't exactly give it away either ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...