Sometimes the HD-650's bore me...

Thaddy

...and I get the urge to try something better. They need to be single-ended and will be driven by a WA2. Tesla T1's? LCD-2's? HD800's? I have no clue which ones will play nicely with this amp, but I'm really after something that will be a bit more fun to listen to without sacrificing details and resolution. In technical terms, this probably means low end frequencies that don't fall off as much as the 650's (that's one of my main gripe's). I have no clue though, as I'm not nearly as technical as the large majority of people here, however I do know what I like and dislike. I love the HD-650's but have the urge to try something different.

Commence ball busting, I'll check in later to clean things up.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're going to tell me to listen to different music, at least begin by asking what music I already listen to. That's like a doctor giving me medicine before asking what my symptoms are. I don't think my original question was very difficult, and I expected a few tongue-in-cheek comments but nothing like "listen to music that isn't boring." I'm probably being a bit salty, but it's my thread and I'm having problems walking because my back is killing me.

And Rush is not boring.

Anyways, although I hated Grado's in the past I'd be willing to give them a shot again. Will the WA2 being an OTL design be a horrible match with their 32 Ohm drivers?

If you're going to tell me to listen to different music, at least begin by asking what music I already listen to. That's like a doctor giving me medicine before asking what my symptoms are.
Pfff. That sounds too much like work. Your problem, you try a different over-the-counter medicine.

And sorry to hear about your back. Don't mix painkillers and beer. Too much.

I like Left Hand Brewing Company. And Bell's. And Weyerbacher.

Seriously, I like Audio-Technicas. And AKG's. AKG K1000 is a great complement to the Sennheisers.