Ripping my Parents' Music Collection and Making it Accessible WIHOUT needing a PC?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my Mac Mini attached through the Ps Audio UPC-200 at home and the BPT Custom at work. Both just surge units and the Mini at work has gone through several power outages with no problem. The thing I can't do is have them do a restart after AC power is back without UPS so I will probably buy an APC unit for the home system as they have always worked very well for me. The one CyberPower unit I had, one of their cheaper models, was a piece of shit and kept cutting over to battery for no apparent reason and I scrapped it after about three months of annoyance.

Thanks, Jim. I didn't realize the APC could do that, but just checked and they do have management software for OSX. And I've also had good experiences with APC, so I'll look at those instead.

APC's software for OSX does seem to do the job in shutting things down. I never tried to see what it does once power is restored. It uses a cable with USB on one end for Mac, and the other end looks like a phone plug or Ethernet plug for the APC.