Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)

tkam

35 minutes ago, starcat said:

Italian cars? Like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Bugatti... do I need to list more 😉

Yes, yes you do, because Bugatti isn't an Italian car. It was originally a French car. Now it's a German car.

It may sound Italian, but I sound heterosexual, so there's that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, blubliss said:

Holy Moly, nice!!!

I was looking at the Decent, decided on the La Bianca, the sound that decent makes, very odd.

yeah, and it took a while to dial in my settings.  But damn it makes good espresso. 

2 hours ago, swt61 said:

I think the weak points are your Ziplock containers. If you're going to take this hobby serious, then vacuum pack is the only way to store your beans, even short term. I know you can do better! 🤪

i usually use valve bags but i just moved and am lucky i had time to roast 10 lbs of coffee before leaving. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, starcat said:

Highest performance stuff, regardless of what it is *must* me maintained all the time and is expensive to do so.

Or have you seen a Formula One car running for years like a Toyota? They change motors each race.. 

I am sure HemiSam, who fucking races cars, doesn’t need a lecture from you on car maintenance. 

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, swt61 said:

Yes, yes you do, because Bugatti isn't an Italian car. It was originally a French car. Now it's a German car.

It may sound Italian, but I sound heterosexual, so there's that.

You are actually right, but that was not really the point. 

Edit:
The EB110 of the nineties was build in north Italy, not far away from where Lamborghini, Ferrari and Maserati are made. 

Edited by starcat

14 hours ago, starcat said:

Highest performance stuff, regardless of what it is *must* me maintained all the time and is expensive to do so.

Or have you seen a Formula One car running for years like a Toyota? They change motors each race.. 

With all due respect that's a fallacy and not a great analogy in the least...

I have a 2012 BMW M3 with 75K miles that redlines at 8300 rpm...a V8.  It's not cheap to maintain but it also does not have fundamental issues and falls apart in important places.

I race a Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk that weighs 5,617lbs.  Boosted motor that I repeatedly beat in the heat at WOT for a mile at a time.  Stop it...rinse and rotate.  I run E85 that I can find at the pump.  Boost is pushed to the max of the catalytic converts.  It's shaped like a brick and I run 185mph in a standing mile and 10.3 sec's in a quarter mile...zero drama for a U.S. based, assembled in Canada and Mexico tub...no drama and I do most the work in my driveway.  Performance w/o drama.  

I love Italian cars but...no, just no on that analogy.  Sorry...nothing personal...just a topic that I spend a lot of time and energy and reading on.

HS

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, naamanf said:

We have a commercial lot I’ve considered putting a coffee shack on, maybe I need to up my gear game in preparation of going pro. 

You live in Arkansas. I'm pretty sure this would impress your clientele...

fac358b66aa5448fe362c5eb767d745c.jpg

OK, that might have been a bit too mean.

2 hours ago, HemiSam said:

With all due respect that's a fallacy and not a great analogy in the least...

I have a 2012 BMW M3 with 75K miles that redlines at 8300 rpm...a V8.  It's not cheap to maintain but it also does not have fundamental issues and falls apart in important places.

I race a Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk that weighs 5,617lbs.  Boosted motor that I repeatedly beat in the heat at WOT for a mile at a time.  Stop it...rinse and rotate.  I run E85 that I can find at the pump.  Boost is pushed to the max of the catalytic converts.  It's shaped like a brick and I run 185mph in a standing mile and 10.3 sec's in a quarter mile...zero drama for a U.S. based, assembled in Canada and Mexico tub...no drama and I do most the work in my driveway.  Performance w/o drama.  

I love Italian cars but...no, just no on that analogy.  Sorry...nothing personal...just a topic that I spend a lot of time and energy and reading on.

Yeah, and the lastest Jeep is a complete ripp off the X5...

American cars are so bad, that it is difficult for you to realise how bad they are. Only a single US car to win Le Mans ever, not a single US car in Formula One to data. Period. And there is a reason for that. 

2 minutes ago, swt61 said:

And when was the last time your country landed on the moon hot shot?

And you believe in Santa Clause? Moon Landing? Read up, even the pics were faked.
Escaping the Van Allen radiation belt around earth? LoL

Edited by starcat