Coffee Drinkers? (or other hot beverages)

tkam

It is indeed great that you are actually giving up the path of soft drinks and heading towards coffee. There is actually first time for everything though, I found my favorite cup by trying each and every type available in common coffee shops and finally I landed on something that is to my preference. If you are not rejecting milk, I would suggest you to go for latte at first, or mocha as the coffee wouldn’t be that strong. I personally prefer java though.

So far, you have been bouncing around and posting in threads where you don't know the people or the tone of the forum. Although you seem more sincere than troll-like, you should take a look at your Welcome PM in Private Messages. It will help you.

Well, since this thread has been bumped already, I'll add that after dan had repeatedly posted in the WAYDN thread about some coffee he'd been trying, I got a sampler selection from Old Bisbee Roasters - small farm coffee roasted and shipped while still warm! I like them all. I noticed today that they have a new selection for their sampler, so I'll be trying that, too. Been grinding some beans and taking a bit into work with me along with an aeropress most days. Makes my mornings there much nicer.

• 1 year later...

Those of you buying from Old Bisbee what are your favorites for American coffee? I have bought 4 pack varieties the two times I ordered, unfortunately missing out on Mysore Nuggets.

So far my favorite of those is Guatemalan Palo Alto Azul. Really rich and smooth, but with just the right amount of acid for me.

The roasters choice coffees are often more challenging than the samplers. The samplers are to get you hooked, the roasters choice clubs are for once you want to stretch a bit.

Both of this months roasters choice are in their 4 pack. Is the roasters choice a darker roast?

Though I do go through beans with the Aero a lot faster I am still only going through about 3/4-1 lb a month. Probably be twice that if I made coffee to take to work. But microwaving coffee is not good.

get a good thermos, it'll keep it hot all day. The zojirushi and nissan thermoses are amazing

What upped my consumption was cold brewing coffee. Iced coffee is crack.

Will do. I always assumed even the best ones would only keep stuff hot for a few hours.

Those of you buying from Old Bisbee what are your favorites for American coffee? I have bought 4 pack varieties the two times I ordered, unfortunately missing out on Mysore Nuggets.

So far my favorite of those is Guatemalan Palo Alto Azul. Really rich and smooth, but with just the right amount of acid for me.

My favorites are Costa Rican CooPalmares and Mysore Nuggets. Unfortunately, they haven't had either in a while so I have been drinking El Salvador Cerro Las Ranas lately. It is pretty nice.

Edited by shellylh

7 cups of water to 1 cup of grounds, medium grind (like french press grind)

mix thoroughly, then let it sit 12-36 hours

strain through a coffee filter (I use the gold filter from my zojirushi thermal carafe brewer, but any filter should work)

refrigerate

I have a Solis SL-90 and a french press which I never use. I'm much too accustomed, if not just outright prefer, sugary, commercial bastardizations of caffeine. Did make a latte once resembling Starbuck's Caramel Macchiato, but I seem wholly inconsistent, and my machine tends to introduce an odd taste from the steam water in most cases.

RedBird.jpg

Oh, and contextually, I like Counter Culture Coffee's La Forza. Due to personal weakness for strong/sometimes burnt taste, with the capacity to cut through milk and tears.