Google Android OS

manaox2

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-I605MSAVZW'>Samsung Galaxy Note II, developer edition

You know, I just got mine about 10 days ago, I wonder if I could upgrade it without additional cost (meaning as if I never upgraded to the non-developer edition).  Sent them (both Verizon and Samsung) a query to that effect.

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-I605MSAVZW'>Samsung Galaxy Note II, developer edition   You know, I just got mine about 10 days ago, I wonder if I could upgrade it without additional cost (meaning as if I never upgraded to the non-developer edition).  Sent them (both Verizon and Samsung) a query to that effect.
The bootloader has been unlocked on all galaxy note 2 devices now, the Verizon one leaked last month I believe. Flash that and your phone is now exactly the same as the developer. Even better, you can relock it and reset the flash clock and use your warranty still. Been using avast on my phone for a while now, it's great on android (not so much on PC).

Dusty, does Verizon's Note II do "Multi Window" yet?  I just got the update yesterday morning for my phone, and while it does work for even a majority of the apps, it works for most of the ones I use a lot.  (Chrome, text, facebook, youtube, etc).

It's pretty bloody handy.  Even S-Note works with it, so you can draw/take notes if you want, while you have reference material above.

**BRENT**

Yup -- accidentally turned it on and couldn't figure out what that stupid tab was that I couldn't get rid of.

Have since figured out how to turn it on and off at leisure.  Don't use my phone enough to have found a legitimate use for it yet, though.  The one you describe seems a good one.

Yeah, I'm tempted to jailbreak my phone -- if for no other reason than to get rid of that stupid NFL app.  But I'm hoping that the developer edition comes with a development kit.  Plus, I prefer the 'legal' way if I can afford it.

Samsung Galaxy Note II, developer edition

You know, I just got mine about 10 days ago, I wonder if I could upgrade it without additional cost (meaning as if I never upgraded to the non-developer edition).  Sent them (both Verizon and Samsung) a query to that effect.

Samsung told me to go talk to Verizon, Verizon told me to get it from Samsung.  Do they wonder why we jailbreak our phones?

So if you have a Note II (and supposedly a GSIII as well), the Smart Dock, if used smartly, will do some pretty cool stuff.  It has 3 USB ports, HDMI out, 3.5mm out, and even though it's backordered, you can get a 50% off coupon from the link I posted in the Deals thread.

I'm thinking USB DAC + portable HDD.

**BRENT**

So if you have a Note II (and supposedly a GSIII as well), the Smart Dock, if used smartly, will do some pretty cool stuff.  It has 3 USB ports, HDMI out, 3.5mm out, and even though it's backordered, you can get a 50% off coupon from the link I posted in the Deals thread.

I'm thinking USB DAC + portable HDD.

**BRENT**

Dude, if the smart dock worked for the GS III, I'd be all over that.

• 2 weeks later...

AMNZ's new AutoRip service gives MP3s to customers who bought CDs from Amazon within the last 15 years.

Of course, since just about every CD purchase I've made from them has been on an obscure electronic music label, exactly none of my purchases are eligible. :palm:

Edited by Knuckledragger

AMNZ's new AutoRip service gives MP3s to customers who bought CDs from Amazon within the last 15 years.

Of course, since just about every CD purchase I've made from them has been on an obscure electronic music label, exactly none of my purchases are eligible. :palm:

Unholy carp, "...exactly none..." -- that deserves some kind of hipster award.

post-545-0-09944500-1357852392_thumb.png

• Like 3

^ It's true.  The sad part is that many of these labels (Pork Recordings and Superstition Records are two easy examples) went bankrupt and the licensing for their extensive and wonderful back catalogs is in limbo.  There are some exceptions, of course.  Fila Brazillia got the rights back to their material and it's all on their own TwentyThree records.  Oliver Lieb has the rights to some of his work released on Superstition and has been remastering and re-releasing it on his BandCamp page, a fact that has made me happier than a pig in a bad metaphor. 

Of course, all of the above doesn't add up to a single mp3 on AMZN's new service.  [hipster frowny face]