B22 noise pickup question...

Solude

I recently got a Nugget B22 that had been around so I gave it a good tightening and put it to work. Sounds great no issues there. However I have noticed that like the consumer PC speakers I have at work, it picks up Blackberry traffic and passes it through to the headphone. Has never happened to my KGSS in the four years I've had it.

So the question. What causes that and is there any way to fix it?

quite possibly the case isnt grounded to earth ground (even through a loop breaker) and most likely the reason you havent heard it on the KGSS is because electrostatic amps are inherently balanced by nature. adding a 4th channel to the B22 would also probably solve the issue (or at least mask it) with CMRR. but sure get a better shielded transformer in there.

personally I would only ever use ferrites or a choke on the shield, I just dont like the idea of using them in the signal path when there are other ways to solve the issue. grounding is an area that isnt done correctly all that often and there are fairly straight forward rules that when followed, go a log way to ridding the system of any noise such as this.