Running For St. Judes

morphsci

This year my wife, Karen, will be running the Chicago marathon as a St. Jude hero again. As the flagship of the Children's Hospital Network, St. Jude is a special charity. Unlike last year however, Karen made a deal with her Facebook friends that if they met a certain monetary goal, she would run the race in a Wonder Woman costume (I was actually pushing for a bikini clad Princess Leia, since I am a man of that age). As can be seen below, they did step up. Additional, race-day photos will be forthcoming.

61802_1517853360393_1656277777_1226686_2733264_n.jpg

If you would like to donate you can do it HERE

• 3 weeks later...

Jim, what costume will you be wearing? Good luck to Wonder Woman Karen. Actually I think I saw another Wonder Woman last night while crossing Hollywood and Vine after the Phamtom Of The Opera show. Shouldn't she be resting for the race?

Jim, what costume will you be wearing? Good luck to Wonder Woman Karen. Actually I think I saw another Wonder Woman last night while crossing Hollywood and Vine after the Phamtom Of The Opera show. Shouldn't she be resting for the race?

I'll probably just go with my avatar, as it seems to fit pretty well. You know those super heroes, always rushing around to save the world.

• 11 months later...

Well this is a little later than usual (the race is in two weeks from Sunday) as Karen was not even going to run the Chicago marathon due to a foot injury in the late spring. However, the rehabilitation went really well and she has been able to get her distance back up remarkably quickly. She will be running again in support of St. Jude's Children's hospital which is a special charity for us. If you would like to donate you can do so at

https://waystohelp.s...ksi0Rw.facebook . Thanks and please do not feel any pressure to donate as well wishes are just as appreciated.

Edit: She will not be running as Wonder Woman but only as her alter ego this year.

Edited by morphsci

Nope, no baby. She did better than her first marathon at 4:50:33 but not as well as her personal best last year of 4:39:07. Considering she was not even going to participate 2 months ago, I think that is pretty damn good.

More importantly she raised $1478 for St. Judes. Thanks to all for your participation and support.