NYC Beer and Laughs- September 24-25

jp11801

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a great time last night. It was great to see Al, Jeff, Collin, Dinny and the Slacker. Nice to help celebrate his 21st. We started at Barcade and I like the mellow atmosphere early evening there. They had an event with a so so brewery the previous night so half the taps were Fisherman's brew. I had a Sixpoint Czech style there and a Southern Tier Mochka that were both excellent.

We wandered off for food at a BBQ place around the corner. Solid beers on tap, absolutely top tier selection of bourbon and rye and some very good BBQ. Who knew pig cheeks could be that tasty.

Spyutin Duyvil was right across the street so we had a few there. Great selection there that is heavy on the Belgian beers. We had a Cascade De Vine that was outstanding and a Stillwater Farmhouse Style beer that was good as well.

Thanks to all for a fun night out.

I dont think you cleared out thr Jaegermeister stores completely, but your Herculean efforts to clean out the Pucker stuff used in appletinis was really something to behold.

Your run tomorrow will clear out the remaining cobwebs Dinny. Good luck hydrating and resting today.

You would have loved all three stops, Young Matt, and it would have been fun to have you there.

After a great Friday Al and I stopped off at OMA's NYC showroom to audition their slate plinted Lenco and to check out their staggering horn speakers.

Oswaldsmillaudio - Contact

We'll have more later on about the visit suffice to say the sound was staggering and Jonathan Weiss was an absolute fantastic host. Maybe the best analog I have heard and the speakers were mind-blowing. He'll be at RMAF if you attend you have to check out his room.

Pica of dinner Saturday night at Fish on Bleeker right across from the Blind Tiger, my raw bar plate did not photograph as delicious as it tasted.

f28d6f4d.jpg

Al's softshell crab that he rated as solid but nothing to write home about

4e2247cd.jpg

we started off with Ipswich clams (damn tasty and oysters wrapped in bacon and covered in a great horseradish sauce.