Oppo BDP-93 Networking Universal Blu-ray Player Announced

Eric5676

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depending on the sound and the USB/flac/hirez interface, it could be a purchase for me.

Same here. I'd have no problems selling my 83 for whatever I could get for something like that especially since I'm starting to now see some early warning signs that my 6 year old Onkyo 1000 that I'm using as a transport may not be much longer for this world.

We shall see.

My 93 arrived the other day. Haven't opened the box yet. Will wait until I get back to Cayman next week. Would just be putting myself through torture to have to look at it but not be able to use it.

X2 :confused: Before I can hook up the 93 I need to hire three guys to cart away our armoire that is sitting where our new custom t cabinet will sit, have said guys move the new cabinet into its location in the family room then buy the new TV to go on the new cabinet. I just ordered the special glass fronts for the doors on the cabinet and I must say they are pretty bitchin lookin'.

Man, that 93 is turning out to be pretty expensive for some people.

the networking feature interests me. would there be any reason to pick up a networking receiver if the oppo already has it?
Short answer -- no. It might make something easier for you, but unlikely. I'm not sure what a networking receiver needs networking for (other than the obvious), though, so take my answer with a small shake of salt.

Man, that 93 is turning out to be pretty expensive for some people.Short answer -- no. It might make something easier for you, but unlikely. I'm not sure what a networking receiver needs networking for (other than the obvious), though, so take my answer with a small shake of salt.

whatever lets me play back from the PC without adding another box...

I believe (but am not positive) that you will need to have a DLNA server to stream music to it. For Mac users running iTunes, it won't work directly with the OPPO BDP-93 - I have tried it and it doesn't recognize the Mac. I was thinking of buying a NAS drive to store and stream my music through it, but that means another box.

I am by no means an expert on this subject, and recommend the AVS Forum threads for answers on this player, as the beta testers for the OPPO BDP-93 post there and also answer questions.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...