Norcal Meet - Oct 30th 2010 (Saturday) - New Eddie Current Product (EC 215)

Icarium

Hosting a little meet if anyone is interested. As for now I have me, foo_me and Craig in. Craig is in town delivering his daughter to her new school and has a day to kill and a new toy to share (If he throws it together in time amongst his busy-ness "Should be good to go, I have all the parts here, and boards are scheduled to arrive today. I could have it working by this weekend").

My place is in Mountain View, 94043, CA. Start time will be around 11 am to whenever :) PM me if you are interested. My place is tiny so I think I can support a max of 8ish.

Details:

"The EC 215 is a hybrid by polar, 15 watts 8 ohms, 30 watts per channel 4 ohms. Single ended in, and out."

Speaker amp etc.

Edited by Icarium

Hey Dan,

I would love to join you guys but between Hardly Strictly Bluegrass and other stuff, I am not sure about availability. I will let you know.

Cheers, Al

If you go to Hardly Strictly on Sat., do not miss Trombone Shorty on the Star stage. He rocked the house at Monterey this year (twice!).

Maybe I'll see you there,.. I'm sure that Michael Romanowski will be there for part of the weekend too. Keep an eye out for him.

Sounds like a fun time, really wish I lived closer...

BTW, I just visited Craig's website for the first time in a long time and was surprised to read he is discounting the Zana Deux SE.

Hey David,

IIRC, it looks like the wait time is reduced as well. I wonder if Craig found a new assembly house that takes less time and charges him less for the same level of work? In this economy, I bet that kinda service is getting pretty cut throat! (it's not like aerospace is booming right now and US assembly has to compete with the whole damn world too)

Got an email from Craig apparently his wife made him aware that they actually are coming up the weekend of Oct 30th instead of this weekend. So I guess this is postponed until then.... if someone can edit the first post with that info much obliged. If there are any updates to the situation I'll update this thread.

Edit: Yup just heard back from him. It's Oct 30th ;p

Edited by Icarium

Sounds like a fun time, really wish I lived closer...

Ditto..

BTW, I just visited Craig's website for the first time in a long time and was surprised to read he is discounting the Zana Deux SE.

It looks like Craig has one blemished ZDse for sale for $2100 on the New & Used Gear page.

Haha, guzziguy you are welcome to come if you want, but I'm not sure it'll be worth it ;p Will be a very small meet in a very small space. (8-10 people max with less functional rigs then that). But would be good to see if you if you decide to swing it. Socalers so hardcore.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so this is coming up so a reminder to those interested. PMs reconfirming your interest would be good ;p I'll reach out to those who PM'd me before when I have spare minutes. A reminder that space is somewhat limited so preference will be given to those who rsvp'd the first go around, but there weren't that many of those and some have indicated that they can't make this new date.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes the new amp will be about 1k. Why the bemusement? Craig's amps are one of the best values from an established maker (Along with headamp/woo audio) not to mention what all it can do.

I meant $1k seems a little on the low side for ec. I expected the amp to be a bit more. Also any pictures of it Dan? I only see the ba in the meet impressions thread unless the hybrid is hidden somewhere

I meant $1k seems a little on the low side for ec. I expected the amp to be a bit more. Also any pictures of it Dan? I only see the ba in the meet impressions thread unless the hybrid is hidden somewhere

It's there, in a zana deux enclosure. I think danc noted that in the thread.