Amp for low and high impedence phones: $500

matthewh133

Hey guys. Who is the biggest, toughest guy here who I should punch and get beaten up by to fit in and look kool?

I got a question for you, as I don't like to take the word of head-fi to be gospel and like to get a variety of opinions from a variety of sources, and it seems people are a bit more straight forward here, which is what I am after. I recently purchased the HD650s and am looking at getting some RS1s in the near future. I am looking for a sexy amp to take hold of these cans reins and take me for a ride I will never forget.. or something.

In your wise opinions, what should I be looking at as a match made in heaven for these 2 cans? A few I've been looking at are the Ear+ HD, Burson HA-160 and the WA6. Price range is around $500 new or use, doesn't matter. Music I mainly listen to is indie/rock/ambient/post-rock and a bit of metal. My DAC is an Audio-GD FUN with Earth Opa, like all the kool kids do.

Cheers!

hey i just noticed that postjack is the user formerly known as postjack.

holy.

shit.

Yeah but whatever happened to that pussywillow guy? He was pretty cool.

He was eaten by WillowJack.

it's kind of hard to explain, but it involves a viewing of the compleat Star Trek: The Next Generation, a chicken Parmesan from Hungry Howies, Reks changing names around, and Willowjack devouring pussywillow whole in a bloody, stinky, toothy mess.

in a way, we are all better for it.