Apple TV

I just ordered one for the bedroom. The Roku box I have is a bit clunky and slow (compared to the PS3 at least). I am hoping the Apple tv will be more responsive. Should have ordered at the beginning. :palm:
Sorry if I had any part of that from the other thread. Still think the wider range of outs is beneficial for especially audio output. Course AirPlay may be a bigger longterm advantage there.

I have a question for those of you with the newer Apple TV. Is there a way to select and limit which movies, TV shows or playlists are available for streaming from your computer?

I like my old Apple TV which lets me select just the few movies, TV shows and music playlists that I want to play often, so that the list to choose from is much shorter and easier to maneuver through. But, I'd like to have the new features like Netflix, TV Rentals and AirPlay video playback.

I tried streaming everything with the old ATV and it was way too cumbersome with a huge 900Gb library, as there is just too much data to scroll through. With over 600 short and full length Movies in iTunes, I only want to have about 50-80 of my favorite movies available on the ATV.

Likewise I have over 600 playlists and 1500 albums in my Library, many of which are incomplete albums because the kids have me only buy 1-2 of their favorite songs per album (and I don't want to even see most of their music).

Want! Finally an implementation of web TV that won't be laughed out of the room. It would be nice if they made Google TV App for smartphones to output the features to the TV using the HDMI out instead of making them only the remote.

Technology has really moved fast in 2010. Wonder how long do we have before the age of the desktop PC is laughed at (pretty sure that is already starting).

I ordered an Apple tv from Amazon (as well as Apple) on October 1st. Amazon claimed they were out of "temporarily out of stock" at the time and they would email me an estimated date of delivery when they had more information. Apple had an estimated delivery of October 21st.

They Apple TV from amazon shipped today and will be here tomorrow! :) So those who are waiting for Apple to ship may want to try amazon.

The Apple store sucks. I waited almost 2 months for them to ship the Magic Trackpad that I ordered on the day it was announced (from the "education" store). By the time it was shipped, I already had two trackpads (one from Mikes-R-US in S Florida) and one that I got from the Apple non-education store. Unfortunately, since it was ordered with a "pcard" on the education store, they wouldn't even let me cancel my order in that time period (well, at least not without a lot of work). That reminds me, if anyone wants to buy I trackpad, I have an extra one. Apple rant is done now.

Evidently amazon has started using other courier services besides UPS. My Apple TV was sent via Ensenda who delivered it to the campus mail delivery services center instead of the department. So I will have to wait until Monday to get it. :(

GRRRR!!! Fuck everybody!!!

Sorry to hear that Shelly. I'll post that it sucks no matter what until at least Monday.